Data Scientist @flipsidecrypto
Boston, MA, USA Remote
Flipside Crypto is seeking a Data Scientist to identify and explore patterns in blockchain and crypto data, and to contribute to our growing body of research and IP. Flipside Crypto is located in Boston, MA, but remote applicants will also be considered.
Who You Are:
- You love data and stats. You know some formal statistics and data exploration techniques, even better if you’ve done network analysis
- You are fastidious and meticulous in your work. You don’t mind doing the “grunt work” to get the full picture
- You're creative and you aren't afraid to be wrong. A lot.
- You are super comfortable in SQL-like databases (e.g. PostGres, Impala, MySQL)
- You are intimately familiar with R for analysis, exploration, and model-building. And you have an opinion about data.table vs dplyr.
- You take pride in your code. It's readable, functional, and reproducible
- You can describe a complex problem (or solution) in a way that doesn't put people to sleep, and doesn't leave them scratching their heads
- Bonus: You love crypto and DeFi, have a stance on Bitcoin vs Ethereum, and you already knew Norm Macdonald was farming PICKLE
What You'll Work on:
- Work directly with the engineering and product teams, and help build our industry-leading blockchain intelligence solutions
- Collaborate with other data scientists to explore, visualize, and validate our cryptocurrency data
- Apply models to make our data sing and enable us to build powerful products from it
- Participate in brainstorming and strategic discussions of how to improve our methods, models, and products
- Work with our world class marketing team to share what we learn with the world
- Some prior experience as an analyst or data scientist, working directly with database-level data, whether formally or self-taught
- Experience with Crypto/Blockchain is a big plus but not a requirement
- At least 3 years in a data science or analyst role working primarily in R
- Experience working with product teams, developers, and data engineers is a plus
Flipside Crypto provides business intelligence for blockchains. Flipside’s proprietary process extracts all on-chain data and applies labels to transactions in order to identify on-chain behaviors for more than 60 blockchains. The data is accessed via self-service queries with a visual layer for business intelligence dashboards, to provide a clear view of real-time stakeholder behaviors and all token flows. These dashboards can be made public through Flipside’s Data Cooperative or Community Consoles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.