Principal Data Engineer @flipsidecrypto
Boston, MA, USA Remote
The engineering team at Flipside Crypto is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to help us build out our data infrastructure and data platform that powers our suite of analytics products.
As a member of the Data Engineering Team at Flipside Crypto, you’ll work closely with the world’s leading blockchain protocols, developing real-time data pipelines to ingest their data and identify actionable insights that will help them grow. In this role, you will also play a leading part in continuing to build out our unique blockchain parsing technology, Chainwalkers.
Our engineering team has extensive expertise across data pipelining, distributed databases, at-scale web-applications, large-scale front-end applications, and data visualizations. We work relentlessly towards our goals, and care a great deal about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
As a Principal Data Engineer at Flipside Crypto you will:
- Lead the team through large data infrastructure projects.
- Architect, build and maintain real-time data pipelines that process blockchain transactions from dozens of different blockchain networks.
- Design and build tools that give our team of BI Engineers and Analysts superpowers (i.e. the ability to deploy python models without knowledge of spark or simple access points for complex/large data sets, etc.)
- Develop data models that translate complex, esoteric blockchain data into standardized formats that are analytics-ready.
- Design automated systems that evaluate and parse the results of smart contract calls.
- Work alongside the Data Science team to curate and prototype new data-sets to tackle emerging problems.
- Develop systems to monitor the integrity and uptime of data.
You are a fit if:
- You possess a strong technical background that includes 8+ years of experience working in a senior engineering position on data infrastructure / distributed systems / platform style problems/projects.
- You have a high bar for the quality of data, the quality of code, and ultimately attention to detail. You understand the importance of not only testing code, but developing systems that monitor and test for the integrity of data.
- You have experience writing, maintaining, and debugging ETL jobs that leverage distributed data frameworks such as Spark, Kafka and Airflow.
- You are comfortable with the command line and are not afraid to get your hands dirty with infrastructure and ops when required.
- You have extensive experience working with Spark.
- You have worked with languages such as Python, Scala, and Go.
- You have extensive experience working with data warehouses/lakes such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift and Delta Lake.
- You are capable of gluing together different services and tools, even if you haven’t previously worked with them.
- You have worked in an agile sprint-based manner.
- You have grit. In many cases, we are the first in the world to tackle the type of problems we work on. That means you can’t google the answer. You have to be willing to dive in head-first, be creative, and work relentlessly towards solutions.
- You are relentless when tasked with solving hairy technical challenges.
Blockchain technology is often uncharted territory, but if you're comfortable applying your skills in unknown problem spaces, and excited by the idea of creating the standards of tomorrow, you'll fit right in.
Flipside Crypto provides business intelligence for blockchains. Flipside’s proprietary process extracts all on-chain data and applies labels to transactions in order to identify on-chain behaviors for more than 60 blockchains. The data is accessed via self-service queries with a visual layer for business intelligence dashboards, to provide a clear view of real-time stakeholder behaviors and all token flows. These dashboards can be made public through Flipside’s Data Cooperative or Community Consoles.
Flipside also rates crypto assets using FCAS, a relative value for measuring the fundamental health of cryptocurrency ecosystems. FCAS is accessed nearly 3 million times per day via partners such as CoinMarketCap, Messari, MarketWatch and TheStreet. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.
Your application has been successfully submitted.