Marketing Counsel @BlockFi
New York, NY, USA Remote
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team and Role
We are seeking a Marketing Counsel to join our expanding Legal & Compliance team. This individual will partner with the Marketing team to provide counsel across the range of issues they address, including product marketing and public relations/communications. You will ensure all marketing campaigns are fully legally compliant, be a partner to the marketing team in creating and reviewing their collateral, and review contracts with potential marketing partners. As with all members of the Legal and Compliance team, no two days will look the same. The successful applicant will be a team player ready to help across the organization as business needs require.
- Experience advising on marketing law and consumer protection issues.
- Understanding of intellectual property issues as they relate to our marketing efforts.
- At least 5 years of legal experience at a leading law firm or in-house legal experience at a technology, fin tech, or financial services company
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent business, writing, negotiation, and oral presentation skills
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission and values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.