UK Corporate Counsel @BlockFi
London, UK Remote
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants
About the Team and Role
We are seeking a Corporate Counsel based in the United Kingdom to join our expanding Legal & Compliance team. The role will work with both internal and external counsel to advise on, draft, review and negotiate documentation for all transactional matters for BlockFi. This will include: loans, repos, derivatives, retail transactions, vendor contracts and other related agreements. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in the financial services, lending and/or derivatives space.
As part of a fast growing and increasingly global company, the UK Corporate Counsel will have exposure to a wide array of interesting and unique situations and will have exposure to clients from around the world.
- 3+ years in PQE at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of commercial contracts
- UK qualified lawyer with a current UK practising certificate
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Willingness to work on cross border matters
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission and values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.