Director of Corporate Planning & Strategy @BlockFi
New York, NY, USA Remote
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of clients across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team and Role
As a Director on the Corporate Strategy & Analytics vertical of the Finance team, you will oversee the full planning cycle and forecasting process. This role will have significant exposure to senior leaders across the organization and serve a key role in executing BlockFi’s long term strategy.
- Oversee long range planning by collaborating with Team Leads as they work towards BlockFi’s strategic imperatives
- Proactively report on KPI trends to drive understanding of performance and generate recommendations for course corrections
- Develop monthly/quarterly forecast processes and lead reporting of results that enable ongoing planning and asset allocation decisions
- Enhance monthly & quarterly business reviews by providing actionable insights to senior management
- Iterate and manage BlockFi’s financial models with an eye towards improving forecast accuracy and generating strategic decision making
- Implement processes and frameworks that enable BlockFi to timely capture and utilize key financial data across various business lines
- Work closely with the Analytics Infrastructure team to automate reporting by identifying, normalizing, and integrating key datasets in collaboration with outside vendors as needed
- Perform trend and scenario analysis on key drivers to better understand financial outcomes
- Support quarterly BOD reporting and reviews
- Complete ad-hoc research projects on various initiatives including fundraising and corporate development
The ideal candidate
- Is resourceful, results driven, highly analytical, demonstrates a keen attention to detail and willingness to roll up their sleeves
- Has 10+ years of progressive work experience, including at businesses with multiple business lines
- Proven ability to synthesize information, generate insight, and effectively communicate with executives
- Is a proven manager that can develop and mentor junior team members
- Advanced Excel user who can manage large files, multiple data sources, and produce effective templates to use across the organization
- Has proven experience with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Is proficient with SQL
- Understands the importance of both quantitative and qualitative success
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission and values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.