Manager/Senior Manager of Regulatory Compliance @BlockFi
New York, NY, USA Remote
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team and Role
We are seeking an experienced Regulatory Compliance Manager or Senior Manager to join the BlockFi Product Compliance team. As a registered money services business holding lending and money transmitter licenses, BlockFi must comply with regulatory requirements at both the Federal and state level. In this role, you will be the primary regulatory correspondence contact for BlockFi. You will be expected to manage and guide a team in completing and submitting regulatory filings and exams, responding to regulatory inquiries and providing general advisory support for compliance with BlockFi’s regulatory requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a team to support all licensing aspects of BlockFi’s compliance program including but not limited to FinCEN Money Service Business registration and renewals; U.S. State Money Transmitter licensing, reporting and renewals; and U.S. State business and consumer lending licensing, reporting, and renewals.
- Assisting the Director of Product Compliance in providing strategic and tactical leadership for regulatory compliance initiatives
- Assisting with writing and maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Working closely with Legal, Security, and Finance teams in order to complete time-sensitive regulatory exams and inquiries
- Managing and maintaining an application designed to track reporting requirements, regulatory exams, and to assign compliance tasks
- Working proficiently in the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS)
- Scoping, applying for, and securing regulatory licenses for all applicable U.S. states
- Managing regulatory examinations and independent audits
- Coordinating the remediation of audit or examination findings, action plans, and documenting closure
- Assisting with product compliance and the development of new offerings, staying informed of regulatory developments and crypto industry trends
- Acting as ambassador for the team in order to help promote the culture of compliance
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5 years of Regulatory Compliance experience is required
- Experience in consumer credit compliance is preferred
- Proficiency in NMLS is preferred
- Experience in Money Transmitter (MT) licensing is preferred
- Experience in managing and developing direct reports
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, fast moving, and flexible
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to complete time-sensitive projects
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Ability to prioritize workflows and ensure strict deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in PCI Compliance is a plus
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
Your application has been successfully submitted.