Internal Audit Manager @krakenfx
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
The Internal Audit manager is responsible for planning, leading, and the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects as necessary. You will be providing updates to internal management and stakeholders on current audit statuses as well as follow up audits. Additionally, you will be providing consulting services regarding risk and controls on a wide range of projects and corporate initiatives throughout the organization globally. The audits will range from operational to financial audits in nature.
- Participate in the audit planning process, which would include formulating and determining the scope of review in conjunction with the Head of Internal Audit
- Perform operational, financial and compliance audits
- Identify issues and root causes and develop actionable recommendations for improvement or remediation
- Develop clear and concise work papers including scope, objectives, procedures performed and findings/deficiencies
- Discuss findings and recommendations with appropriate management personnel
- Regularly track and communicate status of work in progress to Internal Audit management
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in determining compliance with policies and procedures
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established timelines
- Review the suitability of internal control design
- Conduct audit testing of specified area, prepare associated audit work papers to exacting standards and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Formulate and implement risk-based audit programs; provide consultative advice to management
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports for designated audits and conduct remediation testing as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA or CIA preferred or working towards one of those designations
- 6 years internal audit experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or financial service and tech industry experience desired.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives that support the strategic plan
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a macOs environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills. Solid decision-making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Crypto and/or digital assets experience desired.
Nice to have
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.