Compliance Associate San Francisco / New York / Remote
Compliance Associate San Francisco, CA / New York, NY / Remote
CoinList, one of the fastest growing crypto financial platforms, is where the best crypto projects in the world build their communities. We support the full lifecycle of crypto projects, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, and crypto-specific services such as staking and access to decentralized-finance opportunities. We've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Algorand get off the ground and helped crypto enthusiasts by facilitating more than $1.2 billion in crypto trades. We are the crypto platform for the smartest users in the crypto space. Our customer base includes validators, miners, founders, CEOs, crypto funds, and their principals. We are backed by top-tier investors with offices in SF and NY. We are just getting started.
The compliance team at CoinList is on the forefront of the company’s compliance with state and federal regulations, and the company’s anti-money laundering effort for the cryptocurrency exchange. You’ll apply your background in anti-money laundering, regulatory compliance and/or fraud prevention in a fast-paced and cutting edge environment. This is a remote, full-time position.
Who you are:
- You thrive in a start-up environment. This means many things. You’re a good listener. You can quickly understand what's needed and are able to deliver with minimal oversight. You know how to get things done and are capable of understanding what the “finish line” is and can quickly, reasonably and effectively get there. You can quickly understand how our systems work, see where faults lie, and recommend improvements.
- You bring to the position deep experience in compliance and an understanding of the regulations that apply to money services businesses. You understand the work that’s required to maintain compliance with state and federal obligations. Based on your experience, you can recommend policies and procedures, and third-party service providers that can help move the compliance team forward in its efforts.
- You’re not afraid to wear a lot of hats. You roll up your sleeves to tackle any task that’s needed on the team, even if it's outside your comfort zone. You know how to educate yourself.
- You’re excited about cryptocurrency.
What you will do:
- Apply your background in anti-money laundering, regulatory compliance, and/or fraud prevention to the cryptocurrency space and monitor, analyze and assess suspicious transactions on the blockchain.
- Investigate potential trends of suspicious/fraudulent activity within our user base and make recommendations for action based on our internal playbooks, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and file reports with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”), including suspicious activity reports and currency transaction reports.
- Anything and everything else that you might be called on as part of the compliance team, as the need arises, or as you see something that needs to be addressed.
- 3 years of anti-money laundering, regulatory compliance, fraud prevention, and/or risk experience at a traditional bank, money services business, or other applicable financial institution.
- B.A. from a reputable university.
- Proficiency and experience with Apple products, GSuite, 2FA, Slack
- Nice to have: ACAMS certification, experience at crypto-currency or fintech companies, experience with Chainalysis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.