Head of Portfolio Risk Management @chainlink
This job is no longer accepting applications.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
This is a career-defining opportunity to build a cutting edge portfolio risk management process in a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
Chainlink has already experienced huge success in its core verticals and is poised for a rapid expansion into new use cases. Our ambitions are limitless, and we believe this open source technology can and will change the world.
In this leadership position as the Head of Portfolio Risk Management, you will work directly with the executive team to oversee the entire financial risk management process within the organization. This role is a great opportunity to apply your extensive portfolio risk management and modelling experience in a fast growing international company to build the cutting edge portfolio and risk management processes for traditional and crypto markets.
- Develop and implement portfolio risk management strategies for Chainlink’s traditional and crypto portfolios
- Develop and stress test portfolio performance scenarios to identify key areas for risk hedging
- Develop and implement the process of identifying and analyzing emerging macro-economic and industry-specific risks that could impact the business
- Develop and implement risk modelling process for new products and initiatives and effectively facilitate risk review meetings
- Take charge of ad-hoc modelling requests to facilitate key business decisions
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, mathematics or physics from a top tier school
- 5+ years of risk analytics experience, able to explain risk measures, VAR, tracking error, volatility, Beta, drawdowns and create scenario analysis
- Intellectual curiosity and a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industries
- Ability to create bespoke models using excel, modelling software or coding to meet specific requests/requirements set by the executive team
- Willing to grow in a startup environment; open-mindedness and adaptability
- Understanding of crypto industry specific risks is preferred but not required
- Experience in scripting language such as Python is preferred but not required
- CFA/FRM license is preferred but not required
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.