Strategy & Operations Manager @Algorand
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to provide data-driven analysis and strategic insights to our business, help us manage and maintain a complex, multi-million-dollar (in FIAT and various cryptocurrencies) budget, provide reporting and support for additional investment opportunities, and execute operational initiatives designed to improve firm capabilities and efficiency.
This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies and is looking to join a bleeding-edge organization. Our Strategy and Operations Manager will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile organization with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
- Drive the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process for the company; review accruals on a monthly basis, and prepare regular financial overview and budget vs. actuals reports for practical use and Board materials
- Build financial models to forecast P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows to support potential capital raise initiatives
- Assist with regular distribution and management of cryptocurrency reserves
- Assist with development of system to increase management flexibility, visibility, and accounting of cryptocurrency holdings
- Explore and quantify business opportunities and risk factors through market research and scenario / sensitivity analysis
- Structure complex strategic problems for the leadership team; analyze large amounts of information to reduce complexity and make recommendations
- Develop first- and third-party data sources to support analysis
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Five-plus years of relevant experience, including financial planning and modeling (two years of relevant experience with a MBA would be considered)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Work Suite; advanced Excel modeling required
- Proficient knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements
- Experience in high technology business operations preferred; experience in blockchain or cryptocurrency a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative, approachable, energetic, “can-do” attitude with ability to change direction in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
- Basic proficiency with SQL, R, or Python (for advanced modeling) nice to have
Your application has been successfully submitted.
TECHNOLOGY THAT ENABLES FRICTIONLESS FINANCE