Engagement and Social Media Manager @NEARprotocol
Austin, TX, USA Remote
Are you passionate about the blockchain space and building a better internet? Do you know where the important conversations are happening across crypto Twitter and other media channels? Do you understand the unique nature of engaging technical audiences? Are you excited about connecting and motivating people to build communities together?
As NEAR’s Engagement and Social Media Manager, you will act as the bridge between the fast-moving blockchain community and the NEAR Collective. As a core member of the marketing team, you will work cross-functionally with Community and act as a scout on the ground to bring the best stories to the ecosystem and keep your finger on the pulse of the wider conversation.
You will be empowered to build clear, repeatable systems for implementing, measuring, and scaling our social media efforts and play a key role in defining and evolving the culture and story of NEAR as we grow. You’re in charge of engaging and growing the NEAR community across every social channel, conveying technical vision and community spirit. You are an amplifier for internal messaging and represent the voice of the community at large. Combining a love for the wild world of crypto social media with a highly organized commitment to growth, metrics, and testing, you will constantly work to optimize and analyze while embracing experimentation.
To be successful, you must have deep experience in social media marketing and demonstrated success in growing and scaling social communities in the past. Perhaps most importantly, you need to be familiar with the zeitgeist of the crypto space.
This is a full-time, remote position.
- Grow the size and engagement of NEAR's community across social channels.
- Get a global audience excited about NEAR and the power of the open web.
- Architect a social strategy that proactively supports our strategic objectives and messaging goals.
- Analyze NEAR’s audiences across channels and develop engagement strategies that plug into the evolving community conversation.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, community, design, and product teams to generate effective content and feed back into their strategies.
- You have rapidly scaled and managed social communities across multiple channels.
- You have startup experience and/or are excited to be part of a small, scrappy, all-hands-on-deck team.
- Deep understanding and empathy for developers and demonstrated knowledge of and exposure to the blockchain space.
- You are a self-starter who can strategize and execute projects from start to finish, but are also a team player and collaborator.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.
Your application has been successfully submitted.