CI/CD Engineer @ParityTech
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you the kind of person who tracks their shopping list with git?
Or maybe your cat feeder is activated automatically with Github Actions?
Are your opinions on Ansible vs Docker Compose for container orchestration coming from real-life experience?
Parity Technologies is looking for a CI/CD Engineer to help us with automating an ever-growing set of open source repos in https://github.com/paritytech.
We’re looking for someone who prefers autonomy over being told what to do, a person who would enjoy having to communicate the solutions of their own picking to others in a loosely-structured work environment, and someone who sees their life goal in automating the unautomateable and then optimizing its’ build pipeline for sub-second latencies.
You would need to be proficient with:
- Github Actions, Gitlab CI or similar workflow automation tools (we might challenge you with building us a time-off notification bot using nothing but CI tools on occasion)
- Their ancestors: makefiles and bash scripting (are you able to tell `[` and `[[` apart in a script?)
- Anatomy of Linux systems (what are the most used option flags for `journalctl`?)
- And then treating those systems like cattle, not pets — with Ansible, Terraform or similar orchestration tools
- Fancy new container tech: Docker, Podman etc (do you know what buildkit adds to the table? What would you do to extract a binary from a prebuilt third-party image?)
- and of course, the omnipresent elephant in the room, git in its numerous applications (did you know that we use Github as an improvised CMS for our websites?)
It would also help if you:
- Have an idea of how Rust code is being built and what Cargo do
- Speak some other programming languages: JS, Python, Go, maybe even Perl (but you would have to make a really convincing case before introducing this one into our pipelines)
- Ever solved non-trivial issues with CI caching in large-scale build systems
- Will be able to look into eyes of Kubernetes and whisper “I’m not afraid of you”
- Display obsessive traits when it comes to retaining and organizing operation metrics of the tools you use
- Are able to reason about security properties of codebases and infrastructure setups, or even (in an ideal case) know how to fuzz.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses and relocation where needed.
- Many of us who collaborate do not work in the same place. We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we used to regularly go on team retreats and are planning to do so again, once the international health regulations allow it.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.