Accounting Manager @Anchorage
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Understand, develop, and evolve the revenue recognition and reporting process related to Anchorage’s lending, brokerage and custody business lines.
- Analyze contracts with customers and ensure accuracy and timeliness of reported revenue.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on accounting implications of new and existing product offerings.
- Establish and perform appropriate monthly close processes and internal controls, policies, and tools to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and industry best practices.
- Serve as the primary point of contact on commercial banking relationships, including monitoring bank activity and trends as well as managing payables, receivables, and inter-company transactions.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including flux analysis and account reconciliations.
- Work with outside auditors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data, including building and reconciling reporting relevant to audit preparation.
- Design and implement an ongoing process for Internal Capitalized Software.
- Prepare investor updates, including month over month cash burn analytics, and trend explanations.
- Assist in implementation and design of new financial/accounting software and integration tools.
- You have +7 years of related accounting experience at a high-growth pre-IPO startup (Broker-dealer and/or lending experience is a strong plus).
- You have 2+ years of experience doing audits at a Big 4 accounting firm.
- You have strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance.
- You have progressive experience with consolidations in a multi-currency, multiple legal entity environment, including international entities and foreign currency translation.
- You have a track record of driving strong financial performance and accountability.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to drive cross functional projects.
- You have excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high volume workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You’re familiar with regulatory finance and operations and have interfaced directly with FINRA in the past.
- You have a BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting, Business, Economics and/or Finance, CPA strongly preferred.
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You have experience implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP or Oracle
- You have worked at or with institutional investment funds.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, or Anchorage Trust Company, a South Dakota-chartered trust company. Anchorage Hold LLC and Anchorage Trust Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.