Onboarding/Verification Specialist (Remote)
Onboarding/Verification Specialist [Contract Role]
CoinList is where the best crypto projects in the world raise capital and grow their communities. Through our token sale platform, we've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, and Algorand raise over $500 million. Through our community-building tools, we've helped projects like DFINITY, 0x, and Dapper Labs (makers of CryptoKitties) engage developers and crypto enthusiasts. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
As an Onboarding/Verification Specialist you’ll be part of a team responsible for KYC ("Know Your Customer") procedures for an international base of customers. You will follow methodical procedures to review user applications and ensure they meet criteria for a CoinList account. You will follow up with users via email if additional information is required. You'll work cross-functionally as needed with compliance, legal, engineering, and support to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for our customers.
This is a 6-month contract role with potential to extend.
What you will do:
- Perform KYC verification, client accreditation, and due diligence reviews.
- Work directly with users/customers to collect documents and information to complete verification of both individuals and companies.
- Review business formation / legal documents, as 50% of users cases you will review will be corporate entities.
- Ensure we uphold all compliance requirements by being methodical and diligent in reviewing and researching client profiles and documents.
- Escalate fraud or Terms of Service violations identified to the compliance team as appropriate.
- Adapt to evolving requirements and internal policies/processes changes.
- Attention to detail
- Structured thinking
- Clear and concise writing
- 2+ years of experience in a role working through a queue
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong focus/organization to manage multiple client cases at once.
- General understanding of KYC requirements.
- Fluency with a second language is a plus.
- Background in cryptocurrency/blockchain technology a strong plus.
Who you are:
- You’re excited about cryptocurrency. CoinList’s mission is to help the best crypto companies succeed by serving as a trusted advisor in the space. We’re incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, and you should be too.
- You get stuff done. You’ll have (often ambiguous) responsibilities ranging from helping customers to speccing out product improvements. CoinList is a low ego environment and you shouldn’t be opposed to getting your hands dirty.
- You’re a proven operator. You have 2+ years of experience onboarding customers and ensuring compliance within "Know Your Customer" (KYC) guidelines.
- You’re methodical.
- You deal well with pressure. CoinList’s customers work hard to raise capital and build their communities, and we partner with them in their most important moments. You thrive under high pressure situations like this and enjoy keeping others calm, on task and on track.
- You’re curious. You want to understand how things work. You value interesting things, especially outside your discipline. You like teaching others and constantly learning. You read and question things.
- You ship. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. People know they can count on you to get things done.
Your application has been successfully submitted.