Head of HR M&A @Coinbase
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Head of HR M&A
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build and lead a team and a function that owns end-to-end HR deal and integration strategy and execution for transactions of all types and sizes - in partnership with our Corporate Development, People, and Leadership teams
- Deliver strategic deal and integration recommendations to senior leaders that shape HR M&A strategy and execution and enable the business to execute on key objectives
- Create and enhance scalable deal and integration playbooks and best practices, leveraging automation and repeatable innovation when possible
- Cultivate relationships with senior executives across Coinbase and across the M&A ecosystem
- Train and mentor other members of the Rewards, People, and Corporate Development teams and invest in attracting and developing new team members
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years experience at a top-tier company with direct M&A deal & integration experience. Examples include: HR mergers & acquisitions, HRBP, compensation, corporate development, or management consulting
- Experience managing deal and integration-related teams
- Passion for building and improving highly cross-functional processes with a knack for delivering tangible results and working across teams to unblock bottlenecks
- Track record of creating and leading internal people programs designed for scale in a high growth environment
- Outstanding business and global acumen with the ability to lead and partner both cross-functionally and internationally
- Ability to drive business outcomes autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively balance multiple high priority initiatives at once
- Outstanding negotiation, analytical, problem solving, communication, project management, and prioritization skills
- High integrity and the utmost discretion
Nice to haves:
- Experience in startup culture
- Expertise in companies with a global, distributed workforce
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is how the world uses crypto