Director of Growth Engagement @BlockFi
New York, NY, USA
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all.
About the Team and Role
As a leader in the Growth Engagement team, you'll play a foundational role in building a team that strategizes and executes across new user experience, product activation, and core lifecycle notifications. Your goal is to build a team and strategy that will help BlockFi users experience the product’s core value quickly and develop sticky usage of the platform.
A successful candidate thinks like an owner, innovates, and drives results. You have passion for crypto and the growth discipline, and you are excited to grow your career in a hyper-growth environment.
- This role will be responsible for driving step function increases in user engagement across multiple zones, including new user experience, product activation, and core lifecycle.
- Recruit, inspire, retain, and grow the careers of passionate, data-driven, innovative growth engagement teams.
- Drive personalized omnichannel programs (email/push/in-app) delivering segmented notifications that are proven by both quantitative and qualitative measurements
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Copy, Creative and Brand to transform ideas into compelling and personalized messages and user experiences.
- Leverage data and consumer insights to rank-prioritize hypotheses in collaboration with creative and analytics.
- Explore the use of product activation incentives with a focus on incremental ROI.
- Work with analytics to measure each experiment, document and socialize learnings, and develop next steps toward bigger wins.
- Be the expert in marketing automation tools that allow the team to test, learn and scale rapidly.
- The successful candidate will need to have a growth mindset. We move fast, and we are looking for someone who would be enthusiastic and excited about opportunities to learn other aspects of marketing.
- At least 8 years of experience in B2C growth engagement leadership, ideally in the financial sector
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals in a hyper-growth environment
- History of building high performance teams, including managing managers
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience partnering with marketing analytics on incrementality measurement
- Experience in customer segmentation and subscriber management across multiple channels (email, push), deliverability, and CAN-SPAM laws
- Experience with marketing platforms (like Hubspot, Braze, Segment), HTML/CSS, Tableau, Amplitude, etc
- International experience a plus, but not required
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission and values, check out our company website.
Your application has been successfully submitted.