Head of Credit & Structuring, Managing Director @BlockFi
New York, NY, USA
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team and Role
BlockFi is undergoing tremendous growth in our Digital Markets team. We are currently looking for a Managing Director to manage our Credit Asset Portfolio, and build out our structuring team, focused on (1) underwriting credit exposures and deal structuring & executing for our Financial Servicing & Execution business, (2) identify new lending business opportunities, and (3) source & structure additional lending capital for BlockFi.
The right candidate must be hands-on and ambitious; demonstrate a track record of strategic leadership, creativity in increasing revenue streams; and have a thorough understanding of crypto currency markets. The Managing Director would be expected to hire a dedicated team of credit analysts and structurers; and work within a fast growing company.
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences and abilities:
- Demonstrated team leadership and management
- Senior-level management experience
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast growing work environment without rigidly defined job descriptions or procedures and standards
- Ability to adapt to changing job priorities and changes in reporting relationships
- Experience managing relationship with diverse stakeholders and sensitivity to the importance
- Enthusiastic about cryptocurrency markets and ecosystem
- Strategic and financial management
- 10+ years experience in credit at a hedge fund (ideally), fin tech company, or merchant bank
- Must have a deep understanding of credit portfolio modeling and risk management.
- ISDA + LSTA
- Experience with rating agencies would be a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission and values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.