Blockchain Software Architect - Digital Asset (NY)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Blockchain Software Architect - Digital Asset
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard is looking for a talented Principal Software Architect – Digital Asset to join the Mastercard Blockchain & Digital Asset team in our New York City that’s focussed in extending Blockchain capabilities to financial services. In this role you will be part of a highly agile team building exciting and innovative products delivered at scale to global markets.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, mining innovation internally, innovating new product lines with emerging technology, managing new products from inception to commercial scale and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce with and for our customers. At Mastercard you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This team will have a diverse focus both in terms of geography and variety of technology challenges driving hard to bring innovative payment solutions to market.
This role is the lead software architect that involves working with a team of talented engineers to develop high performance blockchain based solutions.
The role is mix of defining the strategy, standards & architecture as well as hands on ability to create design (high level, low level), code and give specific instruction to the engineers.
As a lead software architect your role would be categorized into these broad areas
Architect & Design Software solutions
- Lead the architecture, design and development of software systems and applications. These solutions & software targeted towards a clients’ specific needs or create products geared for Mastercard.
- Act as high-level decision makers in the process, determining everything from design choices to technical standards, such as platforms and coding standards.
- Collaborate to product teams to understand the requirements, identify solution, propose ideas and provide technical thought leadership.
- Engage with external customers to represent engineering, alongside product, when presenting product to external customers.
- Evaluate build vs buy solutions, partners with fintechs and startups to create innovative solution
- Document the overall systems/application architecture, help create high level design and provide guidance to the engineering team on low level design
- Tech lead on software development projects, especially at early stage (concept, PoC, Prototype, Pilot)
- Create a team of engineers suitable for the scope of the project, assigning tasks, working with TPM to create timeline, provide estimates and acting as engg lead in operating/steering committee
- Engage with partner organization in ensuring that proposed solution meets the corporate standards in creating & operating the applications
- Act as lead in bringing multiple engineering team to achieve the overall objective of the proposed solution
- Build relationships with technical peers across organization with a focus on our Enterprise Architecture (EA) relationship; socialising new technologies with EA and bringing EA technology and updates back to the group.
- Maintain common tech stack & integration components. Design a tech stack and blueprints for simplified transitions. Align coding conventions with EA
- Develop and maintain common tools and services for use by the global Blockchain teams.
- Work with Information security to help design our infrastructure/cloud environments and a secure application architecture utilizing blockchain technology
- Work with Infrastructure and Engineering to design our cloud hosting environment and our cloud application architecture for blockchain based technology
- Work with external partners as needed to design or review architectures (e.g. Microsoft).
- Investigate new technologies and architectural domains and apply.
- Provide updates and technical talks to the global blockchain & digital asset engineering teams.
- Promote continuous improvement through tooling and process refinement.
- Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain level directions
- Researches and evaluates tools and acquisition opportunities to support cross-domain needs
• Experience in Financial industry, especially in Corporate Banking, Treasury, Cash Management, B2B, Cross Border and retail payments as lead engineer/tech lead/software architect.
• Experience in implementing Crypto/token/digital asset for corporate financial applications leveraging enterprise blockchain technology stack e.g. Hyperledger Fabric, R3, Enterprise Eth etc.
• Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies, hands on experience of creating design (high & low level) and engineer on variety of technologies and product and experience of architectural styles and design patterns
• Hands on experience of various coding methods and computer languages, Data modelling and database design experience, MicroServices Architecture
• Experience in build and operating a high scalable platforms with significant throughput (>10,000 TPS) and operates > 99.999% availability with global footprint
• Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater, Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON, Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
• Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Experience of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer
• Experience with a UI framework such as Angular a plus
• Experience and sound knowledge of cryptography functions incl PKI infrastructure, hashing, encryption, consensus algorithms, virtual machines
• Blockchain (internals, not just writing smart contracts) working knowledge and preference will be given to candidates who have working experience in any enterprise blockchain stack e.g. R3, Hyperledger Fabric, Enterprise Ethereum and/or any other enterprise blockchain/DLT technologies
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player
• Interested in mentoring and helping grow the skills of the next generation of software developers
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131440
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Every day is a chance to start something Priceless