Director of Data @krakenfx
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
Kraken is expanding its data team! This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in the hottest global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, Kraken is positioned to win. This role will be responsible for a critical aspect of the business and will play a significant role expanding Kraken’s business, while working alongside the brightest minds in the crypto industry. This position will be a cornerstone of the product team working with internal and external engineers and technologists, designers, business leadership, partners and customers. We are building a data team of highly motivated self-starters who possess sound business acumen, make data-driven decisions, and clearly communicate their vision and plans to others. We are seeking people who are professional but know how to have fun too!
You will be the product owner of Kraken’s data related products. The cross-functional leader that establishes Kraken’s data as a product. You define, measure, validate and reconcile all products and line-of-business data for the teams that require it. You develop a deep understanding of Kraken’s products, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve.
You have a proven track record of leading and scaling data analytics products. You are a self-starter, results driven and passionate to drive success of products at Kraken using the power of data analytics.
- Lead the data team focused on improving Kraken’s products and services using the power of data analytics.
- Hire, manage, and grow a team of data analysts and data scientists and help them reach their full potential.
- Develop and own the product strategy, roadmap, and business plan for Kraken’s data and data products.
- Conceive, build, and launch high-quality products that connect and grow the crypto economy
- Build innovative data and machine learning tools for Kraken’s clients and also for internal stakeholders.
- Define features and metrics for Kraken’s products, working closely with product, engineering and Kraken’s data science and analytics teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to define and develop detailed product and business requirements and specifications, user stories, wireframes, and process flows.
- Drive product development from feasibility to launch, and ensure products are built to specifications.
- Be a data evangelist and be well informed about industry leading data science and analytics practises.
- 12 or more years of experience within data analytics and data science field
- 6 or more years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Thought leader crafting innovation in analytics space
- Experience applying data science techniques and knowledge, and building data science products.
- Experience defining strategy and vision of a technical product.
- Strong grasp of information architecture and flow
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of blockchain data
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming or banking experience
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.