Global Head of Policy @krakenfx
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
- Lead Kraken’s global policy engagement on digital assets and financial services
- Lobby policymakers and regulators at the state and federal level in the US, as well as in the UK, EU and rest-of-world
- Build a team of government relations and policy professionals to advocate for crypto users, industry participants and Kraken
- Propose and execute against an annual policy budget
- Identify company and industry-wide policy goals
- Craft and execute a global policy plan incorporating legislative education and political giving
- Build relationships with NGOs, research organizations, academics, media and advocacy institutes
- Respond to requests for comment on potential regulatory changes
- Represent the company at conferences, roundtables and media events
- Oversee policy research and advocacy blog posts, articles and notes
- Develop timely internal policy positions, communicate them to the company’s public-facing employees
- Demonstrated passion for crypto
- A proactive, entrepreneurial mindset
- An opportunity-making attitude, using the law to increase the company’s optionality, not decrease it
- At least ten years of relevant experience in financial services advocacy and government relations in the US
- Significant experience in financial services public advocacy in the UK and EU
- Admission to practice law in the United States preferred, but not required
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.