Lead Blockchain Software Engineer @Mastercard
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Blockchain Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard is looking for a talented Lead Software Development Engineer to join the Mastercard Blockchain & Digital Asset team in our New York City location. In this role you will be part of a highly agile team building exiting and innovative products delivered at scale to global markets.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, mining innovation internally, innovating new product lines with emerging technology, managing new products from inception to market validation and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce with and for our customers. At Mastercard you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This team will have a diverse focus both in terms of geography and variety of technology challenges driving hard to bring innovative payment solutions to market.
This role is the lead blockchain software engineer that involves working with a team of talented engineers to develop high performance blockchain based solutions. The role would be categorized into these broad areas
• Responsible for the analysis, design, and development of software solutions
• Contribute to the requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes, and best practices
• Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards
• Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
• Designs highly complex applications, interfaces and integrations
• Integrates at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
• Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture, and providing functional guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers
• Software development, code reviews and day-to-day support duties
This aspect of role requires working with Engineering lead and architects
- To lead the architecture, design and development of software systems and applications for a given module or workstream. These solutions & software targeted towards a clients’ specific needs or create products geared for Mastercard.
- Present options, pro’s/con’s for various aspect of design choices to technical standards, such as platforms and coding standards.
- Collaborate to product teams to understand the requirements, identify solution and propose ideas
- Engage with external customers to represent engineering, alongside engineering lead or lead architecture discussion with customers.
- Evaluate and present options/pro’s/con’s analysis of build vs buy solutions
- Document the overall systems/application architecture, help create high level design and provide guidance to the engineering team on low level design
This aspect of role requires working with Engineering lead and architects
- Lead workstream or a given module
- Helps with the scope of the project, assigning tasks to the team, creating a timeline for the project and working with engineering lead doing the estimation of effort
- Engage with partner organization in ensuring that proposed solution meets the corporate standards in creating & operating the applications
- Collaborates with multiple engineering team to achieve the overall objective of the proposed solution
- Build relationships with technical peers across organization with a focus on our Enterprise Architecture (EA) relationship; socialising new technologies with EA and bringing EA technology and updates back to the group.
- Maintain the common tech stack and integration components. Design a tech stack and blueprints for simplified transitions. Align coding conventions with EA e.g. naming conventions, logging formats.
- Develop and maintain common tools and services for use by the global Blockchain teams.
- Work with Information security and Infrastructure teams to help design infrastructure/cloud environments and a secure application architecture utilizing blockchain technology
- Work with external partners as needed to design or review architectures (e.g. Microsoft).
- Investigate new technologies and architectural domains and apply to Labs projects.
- Provide updates and technical talks to the global blockchain & digital asset engineering teams.
- Promote continuous improvement through tooling and process refinement.
- Researches and evaluates tools and acquisition opportunities to support cross-domain needs
• Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
• Proficiency with R3 technology (Corda and CENM)
• Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
• Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Expertise in CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
• Expertise in Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer
• Experience with a UI framework such as Angular a plus
• Expertise in cryptography and encryption functions
• Expertise in creating distributed, multi layered, service oriented architecture for global applications that are payment/transaction based.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player
• Interested in mentoring and helping grow the skills of the next generation of software developers
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128453
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Every day is a chance to start something Priceless