Senior Software Engineer @Visa
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Software Engineer (Visa Crypto Program)
Job Number: REF34876Q
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
Job Description and Responsibilities
What’s it all about?
Visa's Digital Developer Platform (DDP) team is building the next generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers. We are hiring for experienced Software Engineers who are proficient programmers, have experience in building highly available & scalable backend systems and are passionate about crypto currencies and blockchain technologies.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Be a member of a highly skilled team seeking systematic approaches to improve engineering productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of software
- Work cross-functionally with our product teams, other engineering teams, operations and infrastructure teams to design, develop and implement global products
- Write good quality code across various programming languages
- Document design trade-offs and long-term architecture decisions
- Proven ability to design, deliver, measure, and manage highly available enterprise scale systems
- Apply various test methodologies to validate system resilience and availability through high volume use-cases
What we’re after…
- Substantial Software development experience with a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree (e.g. Masters or higher) in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Good backend programming experience using either Java or Golang
- Good experience in building scalable, high-performing distributed systems including APIs, orchestration layers, 3rd party integrations, monitoring & alerts, and high availability
- Experience in the entire Secure Software Development Life cycle including version control, CI/CD, unit-testing and performance testing
- Understand blockchain technologies (public and permissioned), De-Fi apps, security protocols, private key custody, distributed ledgers – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger etc.
- Full-stack software development experience a plus
- Motivated and fast learner of new technologies to solve complex problems
- Experience in payments and financial services compliance, payments ecosystems and payment processing flows
- Good understanding of 2nd layer scaling solutions (Lightning Network)
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
everywhere you want to be