Research Engineer, Blockchain @Visa
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Research Engineer, Blockchain - Visa Research
Job Number: REF35339K
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Job Description and Responsibilities
As a Research Engineer at Visa Research, you will discover, lead and manage a variety of research projects. In this role, you will drive innovations by introducing technologies and solutions to deliver innovative products.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will collaborate with research scientists to drive innovation from ideation to implementation. Your work will build on the foundational research in blockchain, cloud, secure multi-party computation, cryptography, and digital identity, to develop seamless, fast, reliable and secure payment solutions.
You will be integral part of Visa Research team. You will have the opportunity and the responsibility to build the long-term vision for the payment industry and influence the direction of the research and development across Visa.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and implement the solution in the form of prototypes and early products by collaborating with business partners, scientists and engineers
- Create a concrete project plan including problem statement, benefit of the research and plan of work for fast iterations
- Work closely with research scientists to develop secure, optimized protocols and algorithms which advance the state-of-the-art
- Champion the innovation across the organizations and industries as an expert in the subject, either by providing consulting or by contributing to technology talks and presentations
- Facilitate design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Make decision on complex tradeoffs/priority during the design and execution, such as tradeoff between performance and flexibility, scope and timelines, availability and scalability, etc.
- Continue to learn about new payment technologies in Visa and across industries
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Experience working on distributed platform and Blockchain technologies, including peer-to-peer systems, distributed ledger, distributed consensus, smart contract, and applications interoperating with Blockchain platform
- Experience designing and developing solutions in the cloud computing environments
- Deep knowledge of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
- Fast learner of new technologies
- Excellent design and development experiences and capable of organizing a complex research project from inception to implementation
- Expertise in one or more security or cryptographic research areas: e.g., design and analysis of cryptographic algorithms, secure multi-party computation, homomorphic encryption, post-quantum cryptography, system security, and/or their application to data protection and privacy, authentication, payments, and cryptocurrencies.
- Proficient in mobile applications development (Android or IOS)
- Experience of multidisciplinary research and development is a plus
- Publications in recognized computing journals/conferences is a plus
- Payments industry experience is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
everywhere you want to be