Deal Lead, Corporate Development @Coinbase
Deal Lead, Corporate Development
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Corporate Development & Ventures team partners closely with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to develop strategy and execute inorganic opportunities including M&A and strategic investments in order to advance Coinbase’s mission and business objectives.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner with business leaders to drive market insights and competitive intelligence, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic initiatives, with a specific focus on the APAC region.
- Deliver recommendations to senior team members that shape company and product strategy by coordinating market research and synthesizing findings.
- Lead and manage the end-to-end M&A process, including identifying the highest priority areas for Coinbase to pursue M&A, sourcing opportunities, overseeing market and financial due diligence, and coordinating a team carrying out all aspects of due diligence.
- Develop unique perspectives on key competitors, assess Coinbase’s relative strengths and weaknesses, and communicate the implications for Coinbase.
- Cultivate relationships with senior executives across Coinbase and across the crypto ecosystem with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments.
- Train and mentor other members of the Corporate Development team and invest in enhancing existing processes, and recruiting and developing new team members.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years experience at a premier company with direct deal experience. Examples include: corporate development, private equity / venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, or strategic finance.
- Experience managing deal-related teams and highly cross-functional processes, with a knack for delivering tangible results.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, and communication skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
- Passion for understanding new technology and desire to contribute to team initiatives.
- BA/BS degree.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially if focused on crypto.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional senior executives in a fast-changing environment.
- MBA or advanced degree.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance covered at 100% for employees and 80% for dependents
- HSA plan with company seed
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- $260 monthly Commuter Benefit
- Monthly Gym Benefit
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Meals and Snacks provided onsite
- The option of getting paid in digital currency
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is how the world uses crypto