Senior OTC Sales Trader @Coinbase
Senior OTC Sales Trader
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
On the institutional side of our business, some of the world’s most sophisticated clients have chosen Coinbase’s industry leading offerings for both Custody and Trading.
We are growing our Institutional Coverage team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our institutional clients are both “crypto-forward” and traditional assets managers such as hedge funds, VCs, family offices, pensions and endowments. You will in a team that cultivates key customer relationships in the US and abroad. This role is embedded in the Global Trading team, and will help develop and execute the strategies to deliver on some of Coinbase’s key growth objectives.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive increased trading volume to Coinbase's OTC Desk by understanding clients' liquidity needs, proactively identify ways for high and low touch execution services to meet those needs, and provide client support for execution, liquidity, and market color.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients both on OTC trading and the financing business through quality execution and service
- Work with the Sales and Client Services teams to identify, onboard, and monetize new client relationships and proactively identify new business opportunities for Coinbase OTC.
- Provide market color to clients on market conditions with an emphasis on liquidity and flow thematics and build trust through daily interactions.
- Maintain a pulse on the sentiment, trading activity, and provide feedback from client base and marketplace and keep relevant internal teams informed.
- Assist institutional Product Managers by providing feedback from clients to help guide new product development that meets client's needs in both the spot trading business and financing business.
What we look for in you:
- 3+ year(s) of Sales and/or Trading experience in digital assets, FX or derivatives at an institution
- Counterparty relationship management: ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparties.
- Experience with daily execution of trading and asset lending department functions.
- Experience in repo financing, prime services and/or securities lending.
- Understanding of risk management and ability to implement this knowledge well.
- Entrepreneurial approach with a desire to build businesses from the ground up.
- Strong data analysis, relationship management, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to work hard and be scrappy.
- Excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in fast-paced trading environment
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for markets and/or crypto and digital assets.
- Business travel as required.
- This role will require a weekend work schedule.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of the crypto institutional landscape
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance covered at 100% for employees and 80% for dependents
- HSA plan with company seed
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- $260 monthly Commuter Benefit
- Monthly Gym Benefit
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Meals and Snacks provided onsite
- The option of getting paid in digital currency
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is how the world uses crypto