Europe Marketing Associate @Coinbase
Europe Marketing Associate
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Product Marketing team at Coinbase works to acquire and retain customers across a range of different marketing channels. Over the last few years we have assembled a premier team and are looking for a strong addition to support our efforts in Europe and the UK.
We’re looking for a Marketing Associate with an entrepreneurial mentality who thrives off finding, planning, executing and optimizing KPI driven campaigns. Ambitious campaigns are complex and a strong hire will be comfortable coordinating partners and taking ownership of performance.
Coinbase is the leader of an entirely new industry and every choice we make with our words must be intentional, considered, and consistent—that’s how we maintain the hard-won trust we’ve earned over the course of our nine years.
This role reports into the Product Marketing lead and will work closely with the European marketing team, performance marketers and local teams to plan, execute and optimize campaign ideas across the continent.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Finding and implementing strategies to acquire and retain customers across our key European markets.
- Planning, running and optimizing campaigns crafted to reach results-oriented KPIs.
- Working with the European marketing team to make our campaigns more effective across a host of channels, including online and offline.
- Reporting key insights and using these findings to craft future campaign planning and execution.
- Helping to grow our brand across key European markets.
- Partnering closely with both regional management and functional teams and our Product team
- Be the voice of the customer and a specialist on the European user to drive growth and inform our product roadmap
- Experience localizing GTM product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and external communications
- Execute multiple aspects of marketing, including branding and positioning, product marketing, paid marketing, education and engagement campaigns, events and communication
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, brand, communications to fuel ongoing product adoption, product launches, and product localization efforts across multiple markets
- Measure and report progress against marketing goals, gain customer insight and iterate on outstanding GTM strategy for established and new markets
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in marketing
- Experience working in digital asset, finance and/or technology space
- A solid understanding of cryptocurrency
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission.
- Strategic problem solver, and have validated results building and executing on marketing strategy
- Experience working with agencies and partner networks to execute campaigns across various channels
- Experience developing strategy and running campaigns across multiple European markets simultaneously
- Leverage a data-driven framework for evaluating channel execution and work towards ROI targets
- Scrappy and enjoys transforming ambiguity into clear, impactful next steps
- Clearly articulate the essence of products and the value they create; you can develop strategic positioning, a strong messaging hierarchy, and effective content strategy plan; you can also play copywriter.
- Execution focused with a bias toward action, a phenomenal collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier; you never stop pushing towards transparency and delivery
- Lead multiple partners with competing priorities to drive growth across multiple regions concurrently
Nice to haves:
- Experience in consulting/freelancing
- Finance and/or technology native
- Experience leading the marketing strategy for a product before, including a new product launch in Europe
- Crypto experience and a knowledge of the European crypto market.
- Worked at a consumer financial technology company.
- Beneficial to be fluent in either Spanish, French, Dutch or Italian.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Corporate Gym Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- Pension plan with company match
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
- Season ticket loan commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is how the world uses crypto