International Investigations and Screening Manager @Coinbase
This job is no longer accepting applications.
International Investigations and Screening Manager
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This mission of the International Compliance programme is to enable Coinbase to become the most Trusted crypto-currency services provider through the provision of industry-leading Compliance expertise and oversight.
The International Compliance Senior Associate will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all aspects of the International Compliance programme.
The role-holder will report to the Deputy Head of International Compliance and will be based in London.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Supporting the International Head of AML/CTF in implementing and embedding the financial crime framework
- Supporting the management of AML/CTF Policies & Procedures
- Supporting on the response to regulatory enquiries
- Conducting AML/CTF Training as required
- Supporting on oversight of vendors and other third parties where investigations and screening related activities have been outsourced
- Liaising with Global Intelligence team on escalations of suspicious activity, including Law Enforcement Authority requests and Subpoenas
- Enhancing the Investigations Processes in line with guidance provided by Law Enforcement Authorities
- Reviewing and providing feedback on investigations, including Suspicious Activity Reports, prior to submission to local MLRO
- Reviewing and providing feedback on PEP reviews prior to submission of local MLRO
- Managing a team of AML/CTF professionals, providing leadership, and setting clear guidelines and expectations for team members
- Providing oversight and guidance on Investigations and Screening Quality Assurance processes
- Reviewing Quality Assurance Reports, providing feedback to team members where required
- AML/CTF Governance, MI and Reporting
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years of experience in Compliance/AML related business functions
- Experience of designing and implementing AML/ frameworks in relation to screening and investigations
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal. This should include excellent report-writing and drafting capabilities
- Supervisory experience in an investigative, financial crimes unit, or related control area
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management
- Expertise - leader when it comes to regulatory knowledge in UK and ideally Internationally
- Prepared to voice concerns and challenges and key partner engagement skills and experience required
- Skilled at executing large, multi-functional and cross-organisational assignments that requires in-depth analysis
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external partners and vendors
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management
- Dedication to diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Bachelor’s level degree required
Nice to haves:
- Professional Compliance or finance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body would be advantageous, but not a prerequisite
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Corporate Gym Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- Pension plan with company match
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
- Season ticket loan commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is how the world uses crypto