Compliance Monitoring and Testing Senior Associate @Coinbase
Compliance Monitoring and Testing Senior Associate
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing Senior Associate will be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of a best-in-class risk-based Compliance Monitoring and Testing (CMT) programme, appropriate to Coinbase’ international business, risk profile and regulatory commitments.
The role-holder will report to the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager (International) and will be based in London.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage and undertake compliance monitoring and reporting as specified in the CMT Plan, to help ensure the business maintain compliance with regulatory standards, and that breaches are remedied promptly.
- Provide recommendations to remedy any control failings/gaps or business training needs identified during CMT activities.
- Undertake follow up consultancy and engagement to help embed a compliant culture within the business and to help ensure the business is compliant with applicable regulations.
- Reporting and communicating the results of the CMT activities and be forward-thinking on ways to drive efficiencies across the suite of reporting and regular tasks.
- Completing testing of international entities as required including issue tracking, validation and resolution.
- Assist with development of the risk-based annual CMT plan.
- Leading the preparation of test execution and reporting.
- Undertake research to inform planning and fieldwork for testing.
- Build strong relationships with the wider business, particularly other control functions.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of key CMT documents.
- Support the CMT Manager (International) in producing relevant management information on plan completion and the tracking of issue resolution to senior management and boards.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Proven experience of designing and implementing compliance testing/monitoring programmes, particularly with regard to the testing/monitoring of Anti-MoneyLaundering and Financial Crime systems and controls
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbal. This should include excellent report-writing and drafting capabilities
- Track record of delivery of testing/monitoring outcome to time and budget
- A professional Compliance or finance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body would be advantageous, but not a prerequisite
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations; and retail/ institutional level products
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management.
- Expertise, ideally have working knowledge of European regulatory requirements.
- As a leader, prepared to highlight any concerns or challenges plus exhibit key stakeholder engagement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and execute strategies across a global organisation
- Skilled at executing large, multi-functional and cross-organisational assignments that requires in-depth analysis.
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance/Risk related business functions
- Track record of building solid working relationships with boards, senior management and regulators
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management
- Commitment to Diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Professional qualification preferred
- Related bachelor’s level degree required
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Corporate Gym Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- Pension plan with company match
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
- Season ticket loan commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is how the world uses crypto