Head of International AML Operations @Coinbase
Head of International AML Operations
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Head of International AML Operations will be responsible for supporting the Head of International AML and UK MLRO in implementing and embedding the International AML/CTF framework.
The role-holder will report to the Head of International AML and will be based in the UK.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Coordinate and lead the International AML Operations Programme
- Manage and lead Investigations and Screening Managers
- Identify and address potential risks with the assistance of functional, cross functional and third party partners conducting activities on behalf of International AML operations;
- Stay abreast of developments in applicable legislation and guidance
- Assess complex issues and structure potential solutions which drive effective resolution within permissible regulatory frameworks
- Build relationships and escalation processes to stay informed of strategic or product/service initiatives making sure to communicate AML risk related considerations to decision makers in a timely manner
- Enhance and maintain open lines of communication within and outside the International AML team to promote efficient and collaborative work practices
- Think Internationally, and using a risk based approach, design and oversee the implementation of enterprise-wide AML and CTF policies and procedures and strategic processes and controls
- Oversee the maintenance the AML policies, procedures, processes and systems in light of changing threat and/or regulatory landscapes, as applicable
- Partner cross-functionally to scope out new initiatives or enhancements to current initiatives/programmes; identify resources required to appropriately execute on, and operationalise AML and CTF policies and procedures
- Support the Compliance Monitoring and Testing and Internal Audit functions in their independent and risk based reviews/audits of the business, including the AML programme
- Support on regulatory examinations and third party reviews including ensuring timely remediation of any resulting findings
- Work with the International MLROs to investigate and resolve more sensitive issues identifying where escalation may be required
- Analyse, design and maintain metrics as they relate to resource performance and programme effectiveness and prepare and present regional/International reports related to the AML programme as required
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in financial and/or compliance related business functions
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management
- A professional compliance, or financial qualification, and membership of a recognised professional body, would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Expertise - leader when it comes to regulatory knowledge in EMEA
- Demonstrated ability to generate and execute strategies across a global organisation
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external stakeholders and vendors
- Leadership and key stakeholder engagement skills and experience required
- Experience of managing a team required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- Related bachelor’s level degree required
Nice to haves:
- Commitment to Diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Professional qualification preferred
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Corporate Gym Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- Pension plan with company match
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
- Season ticket loan commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is how the world uses crypto