Director of PR & Communications @Coindesk
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CoinDesk is an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing, exploring how cryptocurrencies and digital assets are contributing to the evolution of the global financial system and the future of money. Our vision is to inform, educate, and connect communities through news, data, events and research.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 60 full-time employees around the world and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain industry.
We are seeking a Director of PR and Communications who will be responsible for taking the great work our Editors, journalists, podcasters and researchers produce and amplify it in the press, making it clear that CoinDesk is a resource to mainstream media looking to understand this rapidly evolving crypto world. This candidate will also be responsible for managing all communications related to current and future products and company announcements.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, collaborative, independent and ready to roll up their sleeves as CoinDesk continues to scale.
- Promote CoinDesk’s diverse group of talented reporters and content creators; amplify the content to mainstream media outlets (print, online and broadcast)
- Develop press strategy and deepen relationships with key press contacts and reporters that cover 1) financial markets 2) technology and 3) the Media industry
- Identify and execute on all external communications that amplify the company's vision, mission and progress
- Develop and manage reports and analytics to measure successes against organizational objectives
- Liaise with key leaders across CoinDesk, particularly the editorial, research, multimedia, and events teams
- Assist marketing team with promotion of events, webinars, podcasts, and other content
- Develop internal communications strategy with HR team and other relevant leaders
- Draft, edit, and disseminate press releases
- Coordinate speaking engagements (keynotes, moderating, etc.) for CoinDesk team
- 4-7 years of professional communications experience at a media, content or high-growth tech company
- Proven ability to execute in a timely manner and manage multiple priorities
- Prior experience drafting and disseminating press releases
- Proven ability to get coverage in digital, print, audio and television
- Strong interpersonal skills — this role will work with multiple business units
- Experience with digital currencies, blockchain financial services and/or fintech is preferred
- Located in NYC
What We Offer
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!
Your application has been successfully submitted.