Chief Operating Officer @Coindesk
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CoinDesk is an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing, exploring how cryptocurrencies and digital assets are contributing to the evolution of the global financial system and the future of money. Our vision is to inform, educate, and connect communities through news, data, events and research.
CoinDesk is uniquely positioned to change the digital media business model. Leveraging user-centric, blockchain-enabled incentives and attention measurement tools, we can harness the power to strengthen publisher and audience engagement, enhance privacy, and deliver comprehensive, monetizable data to advertisers and other stakeholders.
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to support the Company’s ambitious goals, product and growth plans. Our ideal candidate will work cross functionally with our Commercial, Content, Product & Technology and Operations teams to ensure we are operating effectively and efficiently to achieve the company’s core KPI’s.
- Partner with the Content, Commercial and Product & Technology teams to keep the company on track with its audience and financial quarterly and long-term KPIs
- Identify organizational workflow or process blockers and quickly resolve them to keep the company on course to achieve KPIs
- Identify cross functional operational improvement in terms of technology, workflow, processes and structure. Challenge the status quo to support business acceleration
- Daily focus on company Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) to measure the most optimal way for the entire team to invest their time, resolve inevitable blockers and provide guidance as needed.
- Review project management and workflow tools in each department and develop common internal communications to enhance the development of the integrated media platform
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Oversee finance, budgeting, forecasting and accounting functions
- Oversee financial reporting and analysis, both internally and to the Board
- Develop business plans for new projects aligned to delivering audience and revenue goals
- Communicate market strength and competitive health to all stakeholders and drive action plans to remedy or accelerate operations.
- Responsible for the strategic, financial and legal aspects of all corporate deals, including partnerships, distribution and M&A opportunities.
Business KPIs and Audience Analytics
- Manage the audience metric reporting and communicate progress and trends to all stakeholders
- Provide analysis, commentary and advise on where efforts need to be directed towards achieving KPI milestones for success
- Oversee company outside law firms, budgets and non employment related legal issues.
- As directed by the CEO towards building an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing.
- Leadership - ability to grow, lead and manage teams
- Collaboration - ability to work with all stakeholders throughout an organization across departments
- Strategically focused on goal execution and overcoming roadblocks
- Experience working in digital media with an innovative, think-outside-the-box mindset
- Financial and strategic planning
- Proven ability to drive business development opportunities
- Startup experience, specifically experience scaling a startup
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Agility, adaptability, flexibility in a quickly changing environment and industry
- Extraordinary project management skills and organization
- Ability to pay attention to small details and also see the bigger picture
Your application has been successfully submitted.