Business Operations & Strategy Associate @Coinbase
San Francisco, CA, USA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working across the whole company –including both product and operations. The team is a partner to the senior leadership at Coinbase focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses.
What you'll be doing:
- Structure complex and ambiguous strategic problems for the Coinbase leadership team.
- Analyze large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations for Coinbase.
- Partner with the heads of products and operational functions to use data and insights to make informed judgments.
- Steer large, cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leadership across the organization.
What we look for in you:
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting or investment banking (role dependent upon experience level).
- Solid analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
Nice to haves:
- 4 years of experience in management consulting or investment banking.
- Additional experience working at a high growth startup / tech company.
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Experience with SQL.
Your application has been successfully submitted.