OTC Trader @Coinbase
New York, NY, USA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
On the institutional side of our business, some of the world’s most sophisticated clients have chosen Coinbase’s industry leading offerings for both Custody and Trading.
We are growing our Institutional Coverage team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our institutional clients are both “crypto-forward” and traditional assets managers such as hedge funds, VCs, family offices, pensions and endowments. You will be part of a team that cultivates key customer relationships in the US and abroad. This role is embedded in the Global Trading team, and will help develop and execute the strategies to deliver on some of Coinbase’s key growth objectives.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive increased trading volume to Coinbase's OTC Desk by understanding clients' liquidity needs, proactively identify ways for high and low touch execution services to meet those needs, and provide client support for execution, liquidity, and market color.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients both on OTC trading and the financing business through quality execution and service
- Work with the Sales and Client Services teams to identify, onboard, and monetize new client relationships and proactively identify new business opportunities for Coinbase OTC.
- Provide market color to clients on market conditions with an emphasis on liquidity and flow thematics and build trust through daily interactions.
- Maintain a pulse on the sentiment, trading activity, and provide feedback from client base and marketplace and keep relevant internal teams informed.
- Assist institutional Product Managers by providing feedback from clients to help guide new product development that meets client's needs in both the spot trading business and financing business.
What we look for in you:
- 2+ year(s) of Sales and/or Trading experience in digital assets, FX or derivatives at an institution
- Counterparty relationship management: ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparties.
- Experience with daily execution of trading and asset lending department functions.
- Experience in repo financing, prime services and/or securities lending.
- Understanding of risk management and ability to implement this knowledge well.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to build businesses from the ground up.
- Strong data analysis, relationship management, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to work hard and be scrappy.
- Excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in fast-paced trading environment
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for markets and/or crypto and digital assets.
- Business travel and weekend work as required
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of the crypto institutional landscape
Your application has been successfully submitted.