Business Process Outsourcing Vendor Manager @Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Support plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to educating, helping, and supporting our global user base through a variety of different mediums of customer service -- our help center, email, phone, messaging and social support channels to name a few.
A little about us: we are a small, cross-functional, collaborative and empathetic team dedicated to streamlining Coinbase’s support operations. We work with offshore suppliers to find the most cost-efficient and values-connected method of providing support for our customers. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Global Vendor Operations.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Act as the DRI for all Japan based tier 1 operations and BPO supplier relationships.
- Provide on-the-ground leadership coverage and backup support for the Vendor Operations Team.
- Maintain relationships with key vendor leadership POC’s (including executives and vertical leads) and serve as the primary escalation point and liaison between BPO vendors and Senior leadership.
- Utilize metrics and analytics to make informed business recommendations regarding vendor engagements and operational efficiency.
- Prepare and validate forecasting and staffing models to build effective capacity planning strategies and agent optimization models.
- Work directly with the BPO Partner Operations team to help set, prioritize and execute on team based OKR’s.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Project management and/or analytics experience.
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time. Most travel will be within Japan with some travel outside of the country to other sites like Manila and the US.
- Ability to work on weekends or be on call if required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Vendor Management experience.
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments and partners.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Able to read, write and speak in both Japanese and English.
Nice to haves
- Experience as an Operations Manager or above at a BPO.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
Your application has been successfully submitted.