Institutional Sales Associate @coinbase
London, UK Remote
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
On the institutional side of our business, some of the world’s most sophisticated clients have chosen Coinbase’s industry leading offerings for both Custody and Trading.
We are growing our Institutional Coverage team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our institutional clients are both “crypto-forward” and just getting into crypto and you will be part of a team that cultivates key customer relationships in the US and abroad. This team will develop and execute the strategies to deliver on some of Coinbase’s key growth objectives.
This role is for Coinbase’s London office, although there is flexibility to be remotely based in EMEA.
What you'll be doing:
- Market Coinbase’s suite of institutional products (Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Custody and Prime Broker) to institutional clients across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Provide client services, sales, trading, account management, and relationship management coverage for EMEA and global clients during European hours
- Assist senior team members in generating, filtering, and pursuing leads and responding to inbound opportunities
- Take part in marketing roadshows across EMEA in order to meet face-to-face with existing and prospective clients, and be involved in hosting and organising client events
- Help the business scale by collaborating with teammates to build and optimise processes for sales, support and CRM
- Provide input and analysis for EMEA coverage and regional go-to-market strategy
What we look for in you:
- 3+ years relevant experience, preferably in a crypto trading or custody environment, and/or a traditional institutional banking, asset management or brokerage environment
- Ability to independently source and close high profile clients
- High energy level, eagerness to grow career quickly, willingness to engage in a multi-functional role as part of a small team
- Strong strategic thinking, client-facing communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to distill complex information into an easily digestible form
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Curiosity and sense of humor
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in or with prime brokers and prime brokerage services
- German and/or French language spoken and written fluency
- Familiarity with and relationships within the European crypto ecosystem
- Proven knowledge and genuine interest in digital assets
- Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce
Your application has been successfully submitted.