Associate, Crypto Innovation @kpmg
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ASSOCIATE, CRYPTO INNOVATION CONSULTANT
Requisition #: 50496
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Denver, CO; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate, Crypto Innovation Consultant in Digital Lighthouse for our Consulting practice.
- Provide day-to-day advisory to the business and product owners to assist with mitigating Anti-Money Laundering (AML) risks in the development and implementation of new products and features as well as market expansion efforts, focusing on blockchain-related opportunities
- Develop minimum acceptance criteria for business opportunities that pose increased financial crimes risk, continually refining this criterion in collaboration with the business and compliance stakeholders
- Regularly review AML-related reporting to identify key trends, areas of potential risk and patterns requiring further review and assessment within KPMG Blockchain Center of Excellence (CoE) portfolio
- Review and approve AML-related documentation, including audit and exam responses, presentations and policy documentation
- Provide clear and succinct communication both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff while developing relationships and working collaboratively with cross functional groups and leaders within and outside of KPMG to drive results
- Lead external partner diligence meetings related to blockchain opportunities and potential
- Minimum one year of AML, Compliance, regulatory law enforcement or similar experience; relevant experience in a financial services firm or big 4 consulting experience at a large financial institution is preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to leverage blockchain technology with a detailed understanding of cryptocurrency risks, controls and evolving landscape
- Extensive technical knowledge of U.S. and International AML regulations, and a detailed understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act and the FinCEN Prepaid Access Rule
- Technologically conversant with a knowledge of Analytics application with a global Financial Crimes Compliance function
- Possess exceptional organizational, interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to partner effectively at multiple levels and across disciplines; by prioritizing tasks, communicating effectively with all levels of both internal and client teams
- Ability to travel up to 80% is required
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Colorado Salary Statement:
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.