GFC Manager Crypto & Blockchain Strategy @paypal
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Global Financial Crimes and Customer Protection (GFCCP) organization is comprised of specialized teams dedicated to developing and implementing effective policies, advanced analytics and thorough investigative processes that consider the risks posed by PayPal’s products, customers, transaction volumes and jurisdictions in which PayPal operates. GFCCP is seeking an experienced, highly talented and self-motivated individual with experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology to support its efforts towards financial crimes risk management. The successful candidate will partner with business and product stakeholders, Risk and Compliance officers, and other key leaders globally to evaluate use cases, business verticals and product constructs around cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. The role will also provide dedicated financial crimes support, including AML policy and procedure development, support PayPal’s regulatory obligations, and collaborate across the GFCCP organization to identify emerging trends and threats in this space. This role also requires deep subject matter expertise and proven success in partnering with the business to drive innovative solutions that are balanced by best-in-class risk management.
- Provide day-to-day advisory to the business and product owners to assist with mitigating AML risks in the development and implementation of new products and features as well as market expansion efforts, focusing on cryptocurrency and blockchain-related opportunities
- Evaluate business opportunities across the cryptocurrency and blockchain vertical and refine acceptance criteria in collaboration with the business and compliance stakeholders
- Regularly review AML-related reporting to identify key trends and partner across GFCCP to identify areas of potential risk and patterns requiring further review and assessment within PayPal’s cryptocurrency and blockchain-related portfolio
- Provide clear and succinct communication both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
- Review and update AML-related documentation, including audit and exam responses, presentations and policy documentation
- Develop relationships and work collaboratively with cross functional groups and leaders within and outside of PayPal to drive results.
- Stay current with industry practices, including current and emerging trends involving cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum 5 years of AML, Compliance, law enforcement or similar experience. A college degree and relevant experience in a manager-level position in a financial firm leveraging cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is preferred
- Proficient understanding of cryptocurrency risks, controls and the evolving landscape
- Extensive technical knowledge of U.S. and International AML regulations, and a detailed understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and USA Patriot Act
- Technologically conversant with a knowledge of Analytics application with a global Financial Crimes Compliance function
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to partner effectively at multiple levels and across disciplines.
- Exceptional at organizing and prioritizing tasks with the demonstrated ability to understand and lead effectively within a complex GFCCP program in a changing regulatory environment.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to executive audiences, regulators, and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and exhibit agility in navigating from current state to proposed solutions.
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.