Senior Marketing Specialist / Lead - NBA Top Shot @dapperlabs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you interested in a chance to make your mark on the sports industry with a brand new tech forward product? We’re looking for a community builder who knows how to build a voice and attract an audience. Join us on NBA Top Shot - the first officially-licensed digital collectibles and accompanying mobile game on the Flow blockchain.
Together we will bring NBA Top Shot to market by growing our new user acquisition programs and supporting the future of basketball fandom. You will be the tip of the spear in building and growing the NBA Top Shot community across multiple marketing channels and bringing our products to the 1.6 billion basketball fans across the world. This includes being responsible for everything from marketing strategy to campaign creation and leading the exposure of NBA Top Shot to new users.
This is a huge opportunity to build a marketing program and eventually team from the ground up. You must enjoy problem solving, getting your hands dirty, having a major impact directly on product adoption, and collaborating across many stakeholders. Every day, you will work with a world-class team to defy the limits of what audiences can expect from our products.
What you will accomplish here:
- Produce best in class content
- Introduce efficient marketing strategy with built-in optimization planning
- Bring new collectors into NBA Top Shot every day
- Ensure a balance between new campaigns and marketing optimization
- Collaborate with designers to execute on NBA-caliber assets
- Find the most avid basketball fan collectors on the planet, wherever they live online
Our ideal candidate:
- Is an expert with experience in hands-on product marketing
- Is a basketball fan who can live and breathe the sport
- Is a professional with a proven track record of building vibrant campaigns
- Is a world class communicator who can inspire fans around the world
- Is an effective at working across diverse stakeholders including: artists, engineers, community managers
- Has at least 3+ years experience managing marketing or growth for a high growth startup, major brand, or game studio
- Understands the rigors and needs of a small team and startup environment
The skills we need:
- Experience working with large IPs managing brand partnerships, sponsorship integrations, external marketing agencies, approval processes and all aspects of running a campaign
- Experience in hype communities (think sneaker drops) and/or social games
- Strong brand voice skills and ability to become the brand
- Deep knowledge and fandom of the NBA and the ability to hold your own in a conversation with the biggest fans on the planet
- Strong empathy to understand the fan experience and advocate on their behalf
- Strong writing skills and ability to be concise
- Ability to quickly analyze data and make decisions based on it
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the world’s first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet: the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. In addition, we are the developers behind Flow: a new decentralized blockchain and cryptocurrency developed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Dapper Labs' mission is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $50M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV), Chris Dixon (Andreessen Horowitz) and David Pakman (Venrock) as well as Samsung and Google Ventures. We also have incredible angel investors including top athletes and artists as well as the founders of Dreamworks, Electronic Arts, Zynga, Reddit, AngelList, and Coinbase, among others.
More about Dapper Labs:
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members with perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.