Engineering / Development Manager @dapperlabs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Most things worth doing can't be done alone, and coordinating a team is both harder and more important than is generally acknowledged.
We're looking for an inspiring Engineering Manager to help guide our engineering teams as we build a new open platform for games, entertainment, and personal finance. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams daily, leveraging your technical background to take the road from ideation to production deployment.
With a focus on delivering end-user value, your mission is to empower and grow our team as they improve in both form and function. You’ll play a key role in helping shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to new audiences, working with an industry-leading team spread across the globe.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Lead and grow an incredible team of engineers by hiring, mentoring, and coaching them in line with our organizational values of self-growth and high impact.
- Work with product and design leads to ensure we balance product aspirations with engineering realities, tracking useful tech specifications, and maintaining appropriate user stories.
- Define, scope, and estimate team effort during the execution of important features and projects.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads to move the our engineering practice forward and uphold and improve our execution standards.
- Close the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders - explaining technical concepts to non-technical folks and translating business-oriented and strategic plans to technical folks - to ensure that everyone is aligned around the value we are creating for our users
A little about you:
- You have an engineering background with strong technical fundamentals and a history of high-quality execution.
- You have track record of delivering complex technical systems that were easy for others to maintain and use, through thoughtful structure and naming, standard design patterns, and approachable documentation.
- You have a strong product sense, and have delivered user-facing products through rapid iteration where requirements are uncertain or changing.
- You have a working knowledge of modern cryptographic primitives (asymmetric encryption, secure hashing) and know best practices for key management and deployment.
- You are an enthusiastic proponent of light-weight, agile project management.
- You are comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and navigating unknowns.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Blockchain, infrastructure, or platform development experience.
- Scrum master experience.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the world’s first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet: the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. In addition, we are the developers behind Flow: a new decentralized blockchain and cryptocurrency developed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Dapper Labs' mission is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $50M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV), Chris Dixon (Andreessen Horowitz) and David Pakman (Venrock) as well as Samsung and Google Ventures. We also have incredible angel investors including top athletes and artists as well as the founders of Dreamworks, Electronic Arts, Zynga, Reddit, AngelList, and Coinbase, among others.
More about Dapper Labs:
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members with perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.