Lead Blockchain Engineer @flow_blockchain
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lead Blockchain Engineer
We’re expanding the team of innovative Blockchain Engineers working on Flow, the high-performance, app-focused smart contract platform. You will lead the folks defining the state of the art for decentralized platforms!
You understand the value of clear and performant code and want to define the leading solutions for the industry's most important problems. You understand that a thriving open source ecosystem multiplies your productivity. You’re eager for the opportunity to build a new category of computing platform. Together, we will establish a thriving software ecosystem bringing decentralized applications to an audience numbered in the billions.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated expertise with distributed infrastructure development, as well as the curiosity and creativity to explore new approaches to complicated problems. You understand the value of developer-friendly infrastructure and are excited about breaking new ground in a quickly-evolving space. You've got experience leading a high performing development team, including strong mentorship and coaching chops.
A little about us:
Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow will be the foundation for the next generation of decentralized applications with notable partners including Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and Animoca.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Build an innovative blockchain as the foundation for an entire ecosystem of consumer applications, starting with games, collectibles, and the apps that interact with them
- Defy accepted wisdom on the scalability of blockchain platforms
- Design, develop, and deploy new systems that enhance throughput, latency, availability, and security
- Apply cutting-edge research and new developments to daily work
- Ensure that our work is ethical and values-driven to create a positive impact on the world
Does this describe you?
- Demonstrated excellence in software engineering; including exposure to distributed systems, scalability, and algorithms, preferably in Golang
- Experience with technical leadership of engineering teams including mentorship and coaching
- Demonstrated technical design capabilities, architecting complex technical features despite ever-evolving product requirements
- Focused on delivering impact and results to the makers and consumers who will benefit from this new ecosystem
- Excited about joining an open and honest work environment with supportive, ego-free colleagues committed to solving hard problems
More about Flow:
At Flow we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Your application has been successfully submitted.