Intermediate/Senior Front-End Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
EY’s Canadian Blockchain Development Team in our Technology Consulting group is expanding and looking to hire an intermediate to senior level Front-End Developer to work on the development of blockchain applications for EY’s corporate and government clients.
The position and requirements for this position are described below.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be working in a highly collaborative team and involved in all aspects of the product’s development, within an agile environment using modern web/application tools, UX and workflows.
- You will work on executing various user stories from the product’s backlog, assisting in the completion of those tasks within the agreed timeline and in accordance with the story’s acceptance criteria.
- You will be expected, within a short ramp up period, to make major contributions to the product’s development across the front-end stack, with a stack that utilizes the following technologies:
- ReactJs version 16.0 +
- Material UI
- CypressJs/Mocha/Jest testing frameworks
- Whilst this is not a backend developer position knowledge of Node Express, MongoDb, SQL and Ethereum and working experience with DAPPs is considered a plus.
To qualify for the role
- You must have sample code available or a github repo that highlights your coding capabilities. PLEASE INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR RESUME OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicants should possess extensive experience in production applications, with ReactJS as well as CSS Frameworks (CSS Flexbox and CSS Grid) and should know how to create HTML that is accessibility compliant (AODA).
- For Senior Developers we are seeking 3+ years experience.
- For Intermediate Developers we will consider 1-2+ years experience.
Additional skills and attributes for success
- You must be able to work independently and with little direction, with the ability to reach out to teammates and other technology specialists when required. You understand that being a highly skilled developer you are continuously learning and exploring new tools and technologies.
- You know how to work effectively in a remote environment, but when circumstances permit would have no problem working in the company’s offices several days a week as circumstances require.
- For the senior position, you enjoy mentoring and coaching and have no problem pair programming from time to time.
- You are experienced working with Docker and/or Kubernetes as well as basic deployment knowledge to recognized cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, GCE, Digital Ocean.
- You understand the huge benefits provided by a pragmatic testing suite and are highly proficient in knowing how to test code and have experience developing and pushing the code to a CI/CD pipeline.
- You have extensive experience with open source software.
- You have an undergraduate university or college degree in computer science or a related discipline.
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the technology space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building a better working world