Manager, Blockchain Solution Architect
Whole industries have been disrupted and transformed in recent years by digital technology.
As a Technology Consulting professional, you’ll help businesses realize the value they can gain from their IT investments — supporting strategy and being a key growth driver. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll deliver exceptional client service — providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence contribute to performance improvement, as well as how IT can act as multiplying effect during major program transformations.
As organizations look to leverage the advantage IT offers, we’ll work with you to develop the consultancy and analytical skills that you’ll need in today’s environment. Working on projects that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
The responsibility of the Solution Architect/Technical Leader is to turn requirements for Blockchain-based products into architected solutions to enable high-value offerings in one or more of our Service Lines. This will also require leading an offshore development team in execution of the Blockchain based products. If you are a passionate enthusiast for advanced technology, and want to learn Blockchain, yet don’t possess those skills, read further.
You are expected to ensure that the feature team(s) you are responsible for adheres to the agile methodologies and continuously improve the associated best practices. You’ll be responsible for identifying and removing the impediments on the way for the feature teams thus creating a self-organizing and sustainable development environment. You’ll be producing management reports that aid in release forecasting, addressing skill-set gaps, improving the engineering practices thus ensuring complete transparency in the feature team operations.
Blockchain technology is a complex emerging capability that is far from mature. Above and beyond any of the “essential” skills for this job, you must have a love of learning and experimentation with new technologies and a passion for learning by doing and leading by example. If you consider yourself an open source enthusiast, a hobbyist in development or a best in class Solution Architect with a desire to gain knowledge in an emerging market, please apply.
- Execute the development of Blockchain-powered applications by taking requirements and turning them into architected solutions. This includes selecting the right development platform, determining which functionality to include in each development sprint, and organizing offshore development teams.
- Drive the process to mature promising concepts into prototypes which can be exploited in the marketplace.
- In collaboration with service line practice and account teams, develop collateral materials and other sale assets, meet with account teams and clients, align technical support with account and engagement teams, generally support and enable sales to ‘charter’ accounts.
- For successful prototypes, develop MVP requirements with domain experts; collaborate with Blockchain specialists, engineers and solution development leadership and shepherd the development.
- Many offerings, solutions or enablement tools based on Blockchain technologies and paradigms will require modifications to existing or net new, business models to monetize the value provided. The incumbent in this position will support the design and implementation of appropriate new models.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Guide the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the (Agile/Scrum) frameworks
- Coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Tailor the Agile process to suit the Blockchain software product development
- Works well both independently and in small teams with limited supervision
- Mentoring and supervision of other Blockchain engineers and developers
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business problems
- Must be able to provide meaningful analysis, draw conclusions from the results and make the appropriate recommendations
- Assess and recommend changes to meet the business needs, based on clients’ needs.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical discipline or a demonstrated track record in software development
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development or systems architecture role
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution,continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Personas, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience in multiple different programming languages and technology architectures
- Experience with open source development (i.e. the Linux operating system/ Apache Web server application)
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of encryption
- Experience with software architecture design and development
- Proven track record of excellent software development skills demonstrated through challenging, technically complex client projects
- Ability to lead technical teams comprising scientists, developers and business analysts.
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, win supporters and spur people to action.
- Critical thinker with excellent judgment and strong initiative
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Past work experience in blockchain technology, encryption, or distributed peer-to-peer systems.
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Blockchain development approach (example: numerous Burn-down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Blockchain experience is not a requirement; a self-starter, a passionate enthusiast for advanced technology, and a self-taught developer or programmer, who can work in an environment and embrace on the job learning of Blockchain is needed
- Excitement for and passion around disruption, technological change, and, ideally, Blockchain technology
- Enthusiasm and the interest to learn in an evolving environment
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Want to get to know us better?
Become a fan on Facebook: facebook.com/EYCareersSingapore
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/EYSGCareers
Connect with us on LinkedIn: bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Watch us on YouTube: youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal
Your application has been successfully submitted.