Diem Core Committer @DiemAssociation
Geneva, Switzerland Remote
As a Diem Core Committer, you’ll be a lead engineer working to shape Diem Core, the open-source implementation of the Diem protocol, designed to provide people and businesses all over the world with the financial services they need. You thrive on working directly within a diverse community of project contributors. You’re hungry to lead, both by hands-on software development, as well as by coaching and inspiring others to build cutting-edge, safe, scalable blockchain systems. In this role, you’ll draw on your technical engineering expertise and your experiences in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. Ideally, you’ll have experience working in open-source governed projects, and bonus points if you have prior experience working with a diverse network of partners.
- Support developers and partners contributing to the Diem Core systems, meeting the Diem Association’s quality standards
- Lead technical product teams in building and implementing features requested and needed by developers and partners
- Assist development and execution of the Diem Core Roadmap, working in partnership with the Diem Technical Steering Committee and Diem Association executives
- Strong understanding of blockchain and experience with developing on-chain and/or off-chain blockchain applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills focused on developing technical solutions to business problems
- A passion for engineering excellence and experience with unit testing, project development, and bug and change management systems
- Evidence of ability to influence and lead internal and external developers
- Ability to be flexible and juggle competing priorities and deadlines in a dynamic environment
- At least five years of hands-on experience in software development, ideally at an Architect or similar level
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Interest in best practices for managing and growing open source projects
The Diem Association is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran or disability status. To apply please visit https://www.diem.com/en-us/careers/
Your application has been successfully submitted.