Strategic Account Executive @inside_r3
Boston, MA, USA
R3 is an enterprise software firm that is pioneering digital industry transformation. We deliver purpose-built distributed ledger technology for all types of businesses in all industries.
Developed in collaboration with our ecosystem, our enterprise blockchain platform Corda is transforming entire industries by digitalizing the processes and systems that firms rely on to connect and transact with each other. Our blockchain ecosystem is the largest in the world with more than 350 institutions deploying and building on Corda Enterprise and Corda. Our customers and partners have access to a network of leading systems integrators, cloud providers, technology firms, software vendors, corporates and banks.
To ensure our customers derive the greatest value from their investment, we provide services and support to shorten time-to-market, as well as guidance on implementation, integration and building ecosystems based on a blockchain platform.
This person will be joining the North America sales team working in East US area.
The Strategic Account Executive (SAE) is the sales and account lead assigned to R3’s top Strategic Customers and helps deepen and expand the R3 engagement with a defined strategic, market-leading, global customer defined as a global Independent Software Vendor or Corporate customer. The SEA is accountable for growing global bookings and revenue of that account, supporting customer satisfaction and reference ability of the customer(s) throughout the customer lifecycle. The individual will lead and coordinate R3’s virtual team efforts including engagement with Sales, Sales Engineering, the Strategic Alliance team, Marketing, and Professional Services. The SEA will be quota-driven and will represent R3 and it’s product suite within the region. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care; and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team in the region.
To drive success, the SAE ensures three critical elements are in place: a strategic account strategy and annual plan, a roadmap for r3 products and services within the Strategic Accounts, and an executive governance model. Success is ultimately measured by growth in overall software, both on an Annual Contract Value (ACV) and Total Contract Value (TCV), Renewals, and Professional Services- targets and priorities are set by the Regional Head of Sales with support from Sales Operations.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Orchestrates and leads the execution of the account strategy, incorporating sales plans to close Corda Enterprise Software Licenses, Support, and Professional Services contracts
- Work with R3’s Strategic Alliance Team to map partner capabilities and opportunities within the Strategic Account
- Being the Sales Lead on the account(s) with a primary focus on Corda Enterprise License growth in partnership with Professional Services
- Responsible for orchestrating R3 virtual team members around a single, multi-year account strategy
- Coordinates all customer-facing functions, including executive sponsor engagement, HQ visits, workshops, and customer events – all to achieve tighter more profitable business plans, thus increasing customer satisfaction and further solidifying the SAE’s position as a trusted advisor
- Completes long-term business strategy, education, and planning and creates the R3 innovation roadmap with the customer
- Drives and identifies co-innovation opportunities then facilitates moving from pipeline to delivery of these opportunities
- Develops long term C-level relationships, builds and manages a strong joint R3 customer governance model, and ensures that the R3 assigned executive sponsor is appropriately engaged
- Proactively identifies customer problems and proposes R3 solutions in addition to those already identified
- Creates barriers to entry for competitors, protecting R3’s base
- Works with technical staff to drives adoption of Corda Enterprise within the client developer community
- Provides leadership around business case development and value realization / ROI
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of business experience in Sales or Consulting with complex business software / IT solutions
- 5+ years of Global Account Management experience / leading account teams in a virtual and matrixed organization
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog under challenging conversations
- Possess strong presentation skills and command credibility with senior executives
- Several years in a direct, quota-carrying sales roles with a proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding consistent quarterly and annual targets
- Accurate Sales Forcaster with confidence with Quarterly Business Reviews, and overall deal/pipeline cadence
- Knowledge of financial, competitive, regulatory environment (as applicable)
- Experience in Pricing, Proposal Management, and Software/SAAS and IT Professional Services Contract Negotiations
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to lead business discussions with customers and architect the value of the R3 Corda Enterprise solution
- High Tech, Financial, and SAAS Industry Expertise strongly preferred as well as experience working platform solutions
- You’re a problem solver and a team player with excellent organizational skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A Closer – consistent overachievement of sales goals
- Knowledge of the Distributed Ledger Technology ecosystem a plus
- A problem solver and team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
Your application has been successfully submitted.