Software Engineer @inside_r3
This job is no longer accepting applications.
R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join an amazing group of technologists to contribute to Corda, Corda Enterprise and other products in the Corda ecosystem. The role will revolve around pushing forward the capabilities of Corda and the associated infrastructure. Typically working at the back end using Kotlin you will deliver a highly performant and scalable system used by our global enterprise customers to build the future of distributed consensus. Corda and Corda Enterprise enable parties in any industry vertical to come to an agreement faster and at a reduced cost with flexibility encoded into the dynamic binding of resolution.
You will have a history of successfully working on features as part of the lifecycle of a product or internal project. You will have demonstrated the ability to branch off from an initial task set by your technical lead and work independently to research, provide and deliver a solution to the highest quality. You will be comfortable getting into the guts of a complex distributed system and be able to conceptualise its operation at many levels. You are excited and motivated by the challenge of solving hard problems, want to learn, improve, and grow as an engineer. The role has a large scope for personal and professional growth alongside the growth of Corda, Corda Enterprise and R3.
It is beneficial if you have experience of working in a demo-centric environment and be comfortable working toward demoable milestones as part of the development process where the vision is clear whilst the journey to get there will require research, prototyping and collaboration. Familiarity with an OO language and a desire to explore Kotlin is an advantage as is experience of low-level development and associated paradigms (sockets, threads, async protocols, error handling).
Most importantly, here at R3 Engineering we want to work with engineers who want to continue to grow as software professionals and craftspeople and who are excited to deliver excellence.
- Work as a member of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high quality and well tested code
- Realisation and delivery of technical designs to meet release deadlines
- Code review peer and open-source contributions to the codebase
- Contribute to the technical enablement of R3’s field teams
- Liaise with the R3 Support team to troubleshoot and address customer issues
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- 2+ years experience in an enterprise level environment
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services
- Familiarity of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems / OS development through to networking, middleware and application logic
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join
Your application has been successfully submitted.