Senior Technical Product Manager@inside_r3
This job is no longer accepting applications.
R3 is revolutionizing the way business transactions happen with our distributed ledger technology, Corda. DLT, aka ‘blockchain’, allows for not only dramatic efficiencies in the way business transactions occur but enables new things that haven’t even been dreamed up yet. We are creating a new future for global commerce.
We are seeking a senior Product Manager to help us drive this revolution. As a senior PM, you will bring your experience to help lead the Product Management team to deliver a world-class blockchain solution with a great market fit. Product Managers live at the intersection of business, technology and the customer putting you in the centre of the blockchain industry. With a sense of urgency and determination, you will break down complex problems to make data-driven decisions that best serve stakeholders.
Product Management is responsible for building business and pricing models, identifying moves to grow the business in current and adjacent markets and representing products to customers and the market. The ultimate measure of your success is the success of your products in the market. You own the product roadmap and detail the functionality required to best capture the opportunity at hand. You realize a product strategy is a balance of technical capability, user experience, market forces and customer needs.
You will be the representative of our stakeholders inside a development operations (DevOps) squad and ensuring their success is your first job. As the hub for inputs on competitive insights, market forces such as pricing and the business models of our ecosystem you will be accountable for more than a set of features but the overall go to market strategy.
You love software and understand how to develop and deliver software. You should have the ability to talk directly with engineers on translating those needs to technical specifications. You will be adept at communicating with highly-technical engineering teams, often debating them on their terms – and will have a strong track record of driving market requirements into the engineering process through influence and persuasion and helping the engineering team understand the market’s true needs.
Juggling the competing demands of stakeholders should come naturally as you can communicate our ability to meet and deliver against requirements in a manner that allows our stakeholders to craft their plans in confidence. You translate this into a clear roadmap and communications to individual stakeholders. You will hold yourself accountable for the predictable delivery of a market fit solution.
As a team lead you will ensure the Product Managers have the resources they need and a clear plan of execution. You will grow the team to build a world-class set of product managers.
Being results-oriented you will shape, measure and improve against the KPIs that will lead to the greatest adoption of our solutions. You will design experiments and feedback loops for continual improvement.
We are a start-up with big ambitions and possibilities in the heart of a technology revolution. To succeed here you’ll need to be resilient to continual change, open to ambiguity and taking full ownership of from concept-to-production of some big ideas. Making this type of impact requires self-starters with an intellectual curiosity and drive to win. We need people who will think ahead of the curve not just do the job. It’s a lot of work, but a lot of fun. If you are willing to put in the hard yards you can be a part of something much bigger than a job.
- Product owner. You will ensure your product is delivered on time and meets the needs of our stakeholders.
- Stakeholder engagement. Act as the interface to the product team for engaging stakeholders on inbound product requirements.
- Use cases. Ongoing gathering of use cases that will help create the best solution for distributed ledger technologies in our target market satisfying the needs of varying stakeholders. Document use cases in detailed descriptions along with flows that capture the business and systems before and after states.
- Requirements and specifications. Consolidate uses cases into granular requirements that can be understood in a consistent framework and architecture. Work with our engineers to create detailed specifications enabling them to design and build features that will satisfy the stated requirements.
- Prioritization. Use knowledge of the needs of the stakeholders and the relevant opportunity to determine prioritization for requested features. Work in partnership with the program management team to determine committed delivery dates for features.
- Delivery. Work with the Program Management team to establish a detailed delivery schedule. Partner with the test team to ensure the solution meets the product specifications.
- Communications. Manage the outbound product communications including the roadmap as well as specific commitments on features to stakeholders.
- Education. As the product feature owner take responsibility for internal education on functionality, roadmap and broad capabilities. Work in partnership with the product marketing, services and ecosystem teams to deliver this knowledge to broader audiences.
- Analytics. Establish, track and continually adjust the products and network services based on a designed feedback loop and experiments. Establish and drive KPIs related to the product.
- Innovate. Capture and generate ideas that may exist outside the immediate view of the stakeholders to drive the broad, revolutionary capabilities of DLT to innovate on behalf of our stakeholders.
- Prior experience in Product Management roles
- BA/BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of relevant work experience in enterprise or related software
- Experience driving complex technology projects
- Experience with software engineering practices
- Must understand the sales and marketing process for enterprise solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Prior experience in DevOps environments
- Understanding of pricing and packaging models
- Customer community/engagement or other feedback experience
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
Your application has been successfully submitted.