DevOps Engineer @inside_r3
This job is no longer accepting applications.
R3 builds blockchain technology to transform the way the world does business. Our global network of partners works with us to develop innovative apps for finance and commerce on our blockchain platform, Corda. Corda is a cutting-edge blockchain platform that removes costly friction in business transactions by enabling institutions to transact directly. R3 is now expanding into the provision of enterprise blockchain products as cloud services. We are seeking experienced DevOps and automation specialists to join us on that expansion journey, working in a new team (InfraTech) providing common infrastructure services to the cloud service product teams
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working in InfraTech team developing and maintaining infrastructure creation and application deployment services provided to the cloud product service teams
- Rotating assignments to the product service teams to understand their needs and to help them consume the infrastructure and deployment services
- Ensuring that the needs of the product teams can be met as far as possible in a common, strategic way so as to maximize infrastructure code re-use and convergence
- Acting as an evangelist for DevOps and automation
- Contributing actively to the design and implementation of the InfraTech team services
- Prioritizing automation over manual procedures to ensure rapid, reliable and repeatable deployments
- Implementing cloud-native and vendor-neutral solutions to maximise deployment flexibility and minimise vendor lockin
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of relevant tools and trends
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments, preferably for a financial services institution
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure; experience with other clouds a plus
- Solid experience of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD; GitOps a plus
- Solid experience with automation tools (primarily Terraform or other Kubernetes automation tools, or Ansible, Jenkins, etc)
- Solid experience with containers and scheduling (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Solid scripting skills (shell, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge, ideally including SDNs and service meshes
- Experience with large scale, global reach cloud operation
- Experience with the design and operation of Observability frameworks and associated tools (trending, alerting, remediation, etc)
- Knowledge of message brokers and event streaming systems (e.g. Artemis, Kafka) is desirable
- Knowledge of cloud, container and Kubernetes security best practices (DevSecOps) is desirable
- Knowledge of PKI frameworks is desirable
- Practical experience and understanding of key service management concepts (change management, incident management, capacity management) required as a part of service delivery.
- Knowledge of linking cloud automation services to in-house management tools such as Jira, Confluence, dashboards, etc
- Wide appreciation of the Cloud and DevOps scene, most likely obtained through significant professional experience
- Team player with good communications skills is essential
- Perpetually curious about new tools and techniques
- Enthusiastic participant in community activities (e.g. MeetUps)
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
Your application has been successfully submitted.