Developer Evangelist @inside_r3
This job is no longer accepting applications.
R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 350 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
This is the best job in R3!
We are seeking eager developer relations team members to help us build the Corda developer community in India. You’ll keep your technical skills sharp, have the opportunity to build your personal brand alongside R3’s and get out of the office. Distributed applications are the next wave of technology and you can be on the front of this wave.
The primary responsibility of the Developer Relations team is to drive the wider developer community towards Corda – with the goal of making Corda the #1 blockchain for developers and ensuring those already developing on Corda have the best possible experience.
It’s a unique role working with the world’s leading blockchain engineers and a global community of developers. The team influences the direction of Corda development both inside and outside the company.
Candidates will be hands-on software engineers and will have a desire and capability to represent R3 as public facing brand ambassadors. This position is ideal for developers or recent Computer Science graduates who want to stay technically sharp but travel and interact with developers globally.
- Engagement – Direct engagement of the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures, training and other channels of education.
- Community Support – Facilitate a great experience with Corda for developers at scale with broad reach channels such as Slack, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
- Community development – Foster a healthy community globally through user group support and a Corda Champions program
- Content – Create content to engage the developer audience through social media, videos, blog posts and documentation.
- Samples and demos – Help showcase Corda capabilities with developing samples and demos that the community at large can leverage.
- Development skills – A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience, with a track record of development in Java and related languages.
- Presenting skills. – The ability to present complex technical ideas to developers and often non-technical audiences.
- Curiosity – Experience of working with blockchain is not essential but a demonstrated curiosity about the technology and its impact are critical.
- Ability to travel – The developer relations team spends 20-30% of time on the road globally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
Your application has been successfully submitted.