Business Development Manager - Consulting Ecosystem @StellarOrg
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Open to considering remote candidates in the US and Canada
Interested in helping us change the world of finance and payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development Manager to join our team. In this role, you'll be engaging directly with global and specialized consulting firms and system integrators as a primary point of contact for the SDF. You’ll be providing support on helping them understand the Stellar network, how they can bring their public and private sector clients onto the network, and what role the network can play in Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) initiatives. Most importantly, you will be growing the world of blockchain and supporting SDF’s mission of creating equitable access to the global financial system.
- Source, qualify, and close large transformational global consulting partnerships that add value to the entire ecosystem and lead us to large private and public sector implementations, including CBDC projects.
- Serve as an internal leader to drive initiatives and advocate for these partners.
- Work with the grants, community and marketing teams to support the launch and execution of new programs and initiatives for engaging with our global partners
- Propose new ways in which the Foundation can provide systemic support and opportunities for this ecosystem and their clients.
- Seek out and respond to -- or help consultants respond to -- RFPs for major public or private sector blockchain initiatives.
- Find venues where Stellar should be represented in this ecosystem, and represent or organize representation.
- Proactively publish landing pages and other material to educate the ecosystem on Stellar
- Monitor global activity on CBDCs, especially ongoing RFIs, RFPs and PoCs being handled by Central Banks, Financial Authorities and Consulting Companies as well as public announcements and positioning by relevant countries and federations (G7, G20, WEF, etc)
- Set geographical priorities based on local activities, opportunities and regulations.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in business development and / or growing a business as a founder, especially in highly technical industries.
- You have a deep understanding and experience in closing large complex enterprise-scale deals in the finance and/or fintech space internationally, ideally in emerging markets.
- You have an engineering background and/or a strong technical grasp of blockchain technology
- You’re willing to travel 25% of the time (of course, once it is safe to do so).
- You have significant experience working with internal and external stakeholders within this ecosystem and/or in a reseller capacity to execute projects and/or business negotiations.
- You thrive in an environment where you’re an active participant in cross-functional projects
- You don’t shy away from doing the hard thing. You love doing the hard thing.
- You see projects through and over communicate outcomes.
- You’re an exceptional writer and have excellent verbal communication skills.
- You have a strong interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, financial inclusion, and the Stellar network.
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment with multiple stakeholders while having a high degree of accountability and autonomy.
- You're flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You're curious and tenacious, with an infectiously positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to being successful.
- You enjoy and are able to build new connections and work hard to get connected with strategic individuals and companies.
Bonus points if:
- You’ve lived or worked abroad at some point in your career
- You can speak more than one language fluently
- You’ve worked in one of these firms on blockchain related projects
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.