Senior Backend Engineer @metalpaysme
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet), Metal X (a global digital currency exchange), and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with some DevOps experience, ready to change the way people think about payments. Our ideal candidate is someone capable of designing systems from scratch and has experience in setting up services using the service-oriented architecture approach. The ideal candidate is able to divide a big application into smaller pieces or services so every piece can be reused in the future to reduce overhead.
Scalability plays a big part in how we design our infrastructure, and we expect our candidates to have experience in building platforms that are able to handle a high number of concurrent users. Having experience in fintech is a plus but not required.
- Write scalable solutions to problems, by separating business logic into microservice
- Contribute to our codebase using test-driven design while taking scalability into consideration
- Implement security and data protection principles
- Set up and own performance monitoring systems
- Set up efficient continuous deployment and integration pipelines for the backend projects you develop
- Research and implement new backend technologies that provide better security and API structure
- Strive for weekly deployments and maintain the integrity of the system
- Work with our product and design teams to invent the best solution, implement that solution, then A/B test it to make sure our users are getting the best possible experience
- Must be willing to be on call to handle production issues as they arise
- 4+ years of experience working as a backend engineer
- 2 years of experience in DevOps: Experience setting up performance monitoring systems, environment secret cycling, security practices, and build pipelines; bonus points if you can show us a product you’ve implemented in the past with these abilities
- Experience using the following technologies: NodeJS (ES7), Express, MongoDB using Mongoose as ORM, Chai, Mocha
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Solid understanding of the deployment process across a microservice architecture
- Previously been the stakeholder of a large codebase and have had extensive experience in mitigating issues that may arise, no matter the size
- You pride yourself in writing well-structured and documented, easily maintainable code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Successful track record building distributed, high-throughput applications that scale
- Passion for creating lasting experiences for our users
- PLEASE NOTE: candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. and willing to work the core hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific. If you are located outside of the U.S., please indicate that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Thanks!
- Interest and experience in blockchain a plus
- Golang development experience a plus
What We Offer (for U.S. based employees)
- An exciting workplace with an inspirational team that fosters knowledge and values trust
- The opportunity to work on a product that will change the world
- Paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid life and LTD insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare expenses
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Monthly subsidies for gym and commuter transit
- Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
Metal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring, and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Metal will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Your application has been successfully submitted.